The TrekEarth Forums

The TrekEarth Forums (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   No more fat asses on TE!!! (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=792368)

Loic_bzh 12-01-2009 10:18 AM

No more fat asses on TE!!!

OK, I understand TE needs money to live. But, c'mon, this morning all the ads of the website are about "how to loose weight -and money!-" with awfull photos of fat people half-naked.

We are here to see beauty and all we got is that...

There should be a way to choose the ads you allow to be displayed here, no?

Loc

jlbrthnn 12-01-2009 10:46 AM

Re: No more fat asses on TE!!!

I do not see these atrocious publicities, and I am strong ease. Sorry fort my english.

Je ne vois pas ces atroces publicits, et j'en suis fort aise.

WichardGraas 12-01-2009 03:19 PM

Well, there is an option in firefox to block those images if you want (rightclick -> block images). Personally, I don't think these are the best ads for this site but I rather watch fat asses as you call them instead of paying for TrekEarth.

BennyV 12-01-2009 05:06 PM

And while we're at it: please no more beautiful and available Thai women for marriage!

Maybe it's because there are so many SE-Asian shots in my gallery, that the advertizing geniusses assume I'd be interested in that type of thing? In any case this add keeps popping up. And I find that quite annoying.

Benny
(happily married)

BennyV 12-01-2009 05:07 PM

As I click back to the gallery, I see now there are Chinese women on offer.

Grrr!!!

maglex 12-01-2009 06:19 PM

I do not want to think about it, or is it maybe TE has some kind of other side social-related businesses?

I hope not...

InasiaJones 12-02-2009 05:22 AM

When I look at Aldo (Saigon) photos, there is advertising for clothing companies...

Probably because his subjects are half naked...

jonathan_hart 12-02-2009 09:25 PM

i just tried to see what kind of ad i would have when i disable the ad-block program : i saw a link to fotopedia, and the first photo shown was a photo of an ex-member of TE (Stepan), and this site is not invaded by fat asses

Didi 12-02-2009 10:52 PM

I saw some pictures in fotopedia
But Stepan has not disabled his TE account.
About Fotopedia
There is nice pictures posted, a little bit complicated for me because it's in English only, sorry fellers :)
In TE if you want to get ride of publicity it's possible by using Mozilla Firefox with Ad block

Didi 12-03-2009 05:39 AM

About fotopedia I give up, too much problems for login