The TrekEarth Forums

The TrekEarth Forums (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/index.php)
-   TE Projects (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   TE book - Thread for definition of communications (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113750)

kikvel 07-01-2005 05:56 PM

TE book - Thread for definition of communications

It seems to be very important to have a well defined communication method among the TE group.

We can start using this thread to post a list of email addresses and a suggestion to create daily/weekly reports prepared by a designated person according different task forces to be created (not here) but at the thread of the resources.

Mine is:
kikvel@yahoo.com

I read your suggestions

K.

Isabelle 07-01-2005 07:46 PM

Re: TE book - Thread for definition of communications

Hi, Kike,
So, i understand from your message anyone who is willing to join the project should just add an email for future contact, is it right?

if so, here is mine, then:

hrhisabel@hotmail.com

thanks to you, to Adam, for this great democratic project!
Cheers,
Isabel

kikvel 07-01-2005 07:59 PM

Yes dear Isabel

Thanks for your post, the idea is to create a database of contact information of the people interested to join/participate/colaborate or just be informed without any other participation.

K.

mlopes 07-01-2005 08:31 PM

Hi K,

I'm starting to love this (and i really mean that)

My contacts:
mail: mario.lopes@oni.pt
msn: mario.lopes@oni.pt

Feel free to use them everybody!

M.

jrj 07-01-2005 10:22 PM

We could as an alternative to single e-mail adresses establish a group mail account.

And for summarys we could (I think I have the resources) put together an interim webpage with summarys etc.

(Let's see if other suggestions is launched and level of interest developed)

smartins 07-01-2005 11:31 PM

Hi everyone!

These are my contacts:
Mail - su.martins@sapo.pt
MSN - su.martins@oninet.pt

Use them when you like ;)

Susana

kikvel 07-01-2005 11:52 PM

that is nice Jack, if you can, that will be great, to have a summary on a webpage for easy reading!

this can be done on a weekly basis, or a daily basis? this can be a great burden for you,

K.

mlopes 07-02-2005 02:35 AM

Jack,
That's great... we've just climbed one more step!
M.

green 07-02-2005 01:08 PM

I can create mailing list on my server on which people participating in this project can subscribe. Each message sent to this mailing list will be then redistributed to all the subscriber mailboxes. Archives of all the messages can be create and make searchable. And other managing commands can beuse to sort the messages. Also, I'm not limited in the number mailing list I can create so their could be a general mailing list and more specific mailing list.

A tip though, if you guys don't want to have their mailboxes invided by spam and other crap then you shouldn't post you personnal email in this forum or any forum that can be browse by bots that capture email address to add them into spam mailing list. Remember TE's forum are visible to any one not only TE's member.

kikvel 07-02-2005 01:49 PM

Romain

your proposal seems interesting, and I ask you a favor, to contact Jack to coordinate about the mailing list in order not to duplicate any task

Jack is offering a web page to keep all the project status and summaries of what has been done so far.

So I believe to start the mailing list is an important task in order to be communicated.

K.

kikvel 07-02-2005 02:19 PM

SPAM avoidance

What Romain mentioned is agood point.

So after he creates the mailing list we can subscribe confidently to a mail address he should inform us

Is that ok Romain? We wait for your suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

K.

jrj 07-02-2005 05:40 PM

Re: Romain

It's the same for me who organize what, so if green want's to make the e-mail list - that''s fine

mlopes 07-02-2005 11:29 PM

Cesar, let's start to settle and distribuit task and define due dates:

Jack: will you build an online resource to trace this project? how/when?
Romain: Will you create the mailing list? how/when

For myself i will see during the next week this points:
- Pricing for printing
- Legal issues in Portugal (i will have to figure how)

jrj 07-03-2005 12:05 AM

I sent something to Cesar to have a look at regarding an interim website

kikvel 07-03-2005 12:11 AM

OK

I will continue with the legal part investigation.

All interested/ due date 4/07 (just a reference).
Invite by email or TE message alert to at least 10 TE members which are active, to join the project.
F.i: Malopes, Dom. Te members from Europe.
Jack, Herve TE members from Asia.
Kikvel, Isabelle Te members from America

etc etc

Please feel free to feel included.

All interested and with possibilities to do it
Printing Due date 15/07
- Check printing prices of 150 pages,200 pages, 300 pages in every country you may be.
- Hard cover, all colored photos.
- Check shipping prices to for instance Paris/Madrid where the distribution would be done from. Where are TE offices? Can we use this as a distribution point?

Romain (whenever you may do it, please update your possibilities)
Prepare email distribution list

Jack due date (whenever you may do it, please update your possibilities)
Prepare webpage for quick progress reports and weekly or biweekly status

Many thanks for your help and support so far, we still need more participation and this is a key factor here.

K.

mlopes 07-03-2005 01:11 AM

To DOM. - Let's do it?

Dom.
I think we could do this: invite as many members we can eachone of us, then those members should invite another 3, and then those 3 more 3 and so on and on and on...

This is a "pay it forward" kind of project (learned this from a movie ehehe)

What do you think, i can keep a database from all the members and submembers and subsubmembers willin to join, but we have to work close...

Wanna work this out? any more or better ideas?

M.

green 07-03-2005 01:41 AM

Sorry for the late reply, but I've been away from my computer all day.

I'm offering to create mailing list because I have the possibilities through my web account package to create as many ML as I want (using "sympa" list manager). But if you Jack can do the same and since your going to take care of the interim website, it might be more cleaver and practical if you take care of it as well. Just let me know.

Cheers,

Romain.

jrj 07-03-2005 01:57 AM

For me it's quite ok to split the work.

I'll prepare a webpage (partly interactive) for the project and you take care of the grup e-mail - no problem at all.

green 07-03-2005 02:01 AM

Ok.

I'll take care of it tomorrow. Right now I'm going to bed.

How many list do we need? Just one or one for each group of work?

Cheers,

Romain

kikvel 07-03-2005 04:20 PM

I has proved to be very important...

the creation of the mail list and the webpage with the summaries for two main reasons...time, TE members already confirmed me that they do not have the time required to read all the threads and... also to access the TE site is slow, and so Jack, your webpage would be "the tool" to offer a quick view of what is going on and what will happen.

We may notify only once per week to the interested about the update of the webpage.

Action points.
- I will prepare latest next Saturday an estimated schedule of activities and due dates to be presented at the webpage.

- Romain is already preparing the email list.

- Jack is also preparing the webpage and waiting for something to be added there. The report /summary can be updated on a weekly basis with the possibility to see previous reports. Is this possible Jack?

I see we as I mentioned before, will work in two groups. A set of administrators (we will more time and effort) and a set of colaborators, which will contribute with pics for instance.
But this is ok, it was supposed to be like this from the very beginning.

Thanks for the things deployed so far, and keep on with the enthusiasm!

K.

green 07-03-2005 05:13 PM

Re: Mailing list created

Hello everyone,

I have created the mailing list. It is call <a href="mailto:tebook@photogreen.net">tebook@photogr een.net</a> (I'm the owner of photogreen.net domain).

- All subscribers messages or moderators approved messages sent to this address will be sent to people that have subscribe to the mailing list.

- Message sent by tebook's subscriber are not moderated and will be distribute to all subscribers as soon it is received by the mailing list.

- Message sent by non subscriber will be moderated and most probably deleted (unless useful for the working group) by the moderators.

- To subscribe to tebook@photogreen.net one need to send a mail to sympa@photogreen.net with SUB tebook in the subject or the body of the mail. Or alternatively one can click <a href="mailto:sympa@photogreen.net?subject=sub tebook">here</a>.

- To unsubscribe from tebook@photogreen.net one need to send a mail to sympa@photogreen.net with SIG tebook in the subject or the body of the mail. Or alternatively one can click <a href="mailto:sympa@photogreen.net?subject=sig tebook">here</a>.

- Every new subscription will be first validated by a moderator. When validated, the new subscriber will receive a confirmation message.

- Use tebook@photogreen.net to send a message to the mailing list.

- To invite someone to subscribe to tebook@photogreen.net one can send a mail to sympa@photogreen.net with INVITE tebook friends e-mail in the subject or the body of the mail. The person will receive a mail from sympa@photogreen.net inviting him/her to subscribe to the list.

- To differentiate messages you will receive from tebook@photogreen.net from your everyday mail, a tag is added to every message's subject sent from the mailing list. The tag is [tebook]. This can also help you to create filter to sort out the ML's message to a particular folder in you mail reader.

- When replying to a message from the mailing list, always make sure that you're using tebook@photogreen.net as the reply address. The mailing list default reply address is set to its own address so there should be no problem but some mailers software might change this, so it is always good to verify the reply address before hitting the send button.

I can create more mailing list if required, there could be a general mailing list and others for each workgroup of the project. Also, as I said before subscription to the mailing list are moderated and I'm the only moderator for now but I'm not in front of my screen 24/7 so if someone want to help me moderate the list please let me know.

If anyone is having a problem subscribing to the list, please <a href="http://www.trekearth.com/contact.php?recid=1379" target="_blank">contact me</a>.

Cheers,

Romain.

mlopes 07-03-2005 06:00 PM

Re: To DOM. - Let's do it?

Or maybe a more concrete and fast aproach:

- eachone of us contact and invite 50 members
- the members willing to join must contact and invite more 10
- and so on...

We must work on a single mail template, and should restrict ourselfs to European Members, any ideas?

M.

mlopes 07-04-2005 06:09 PM

TO: Isabele-Cesar; Jack-Herve; Dom-Mario

Gathering new members for this project is crucial, the invitation must be clear and efective.

Dominique didn's anwered to me yet, but i think the pay-it-foward system is the best, eachone of us invite a number of members - let's say 50 or 100 - and those members have to invite 10 new members and so on.

But i'm facing two dilemas here... a big and a small one:

--> Small Dilema: there will be duplicated invitations... well, if we want to be perfect this can be a real pain-in-the-:), but i really don't see any problem here... if someone receive two invitation just as to reply saying that they already joined before.

--> Big Dilema: I can only send 5 invitations per day, it will took ages to contact all members...

ADAM: i don't know if you are reading this, is there anychance to change the number of messages that one can send per day?

--> This is what i'm doing: Send a message via TE message service, briefing the project and inviting the receiver to visit the forum, then if the receiver wants to join he/she must reply my message with his/hers mail to further contacts.
--> I've started an excell database with all Europeans members invited, the i can add the sub-invitation and therefor track them all.

Any suggestions?

M.

kikvel 07-04-2005 06:39 PM

You are right MArio

gathering new members is important

But I did reach a conclusion here, many would like to join but do not have time to participate and read at the forums all the threads, this is what I already received as an answer so far by some members.

So I believe that we should step forward anyway, reach the point of creating the themes and be more concrete about the invitation, I mean not to be so "open" and "undefined" cause this may discourage others to join.

So Mario, it is ok to start inviting but I now believe we should start creating the themes for picture selection and as the project starts its engines people would be more confident to join.

Time is precious to everyone,

K.
SO let´s create the themes, Henk you wanted to proceed, would you be so kind please? I go back now to my lessons, I have an exam today...

Rinie_Hoff 07-08-2005 12:33 AM

Re: You are right MArio

Dear all,
I step in very late, and catching up with everything is quite hard. Due to a lack of time (and holidays), I have postponed the action to step in, but it is getting harder and harder.
I would like to add a contribution to this project, although I have not the slihgtest idea what I could do. I have no special skills that seem appropriate, but like to give a hand when I think I can, or when needed. I can make time available if necessary.

I just subscribed to the mailinglist.
Rinie

mlopes 07-08-2005 12:48 AM

Start with simple things

Hi Rinie,
This is taking off... slowly but it's moving :)

You can start adding photos to the TE BOOK 2005 themes, we've created to generalistic themes to make the first sort out of pictures.

Please see:

"TE BOOK 2005 - Own Photos" Theme
"TE BOOK 2005 - Other members photos" Theme

Feel free to contact me.

Ma´rio