The TrekEarth Forums - View Single Post - I quit...
Thread: I quit...
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 02:38 PM
TE Expert

It is my note on the TE group in Facebook and also a question to vivianne who seems the only persons amongs mods who cares:

"Again, the decision of mods is not to understand. Yesterday passed two years of the death of our friend Marek aka Gustaw. Two Trekkers posted the photos as a tribute to him, but the photos were removed as violation of the TOS. I saw the photo of jasmis and there was nothing in it against TOS. You can see it on jasmis site in FB. The same thing again and again. The result is that jasmis, after 6 years of addiction, left the site. Is it the real goal of admin to get rid of old members?
"

In this way I've got an aswer, thank you.
Viviane napisał(a): I understand how someone can feel about such a lost, but what I don't understand, Emka, is why people don't use their imagination better to dedicate tributes to their friends. I's so very easy to take a picture completely suiting the ToS and adding a sensitive note under it... If Jasmis did photograph a candle in a church or anything else which could be considered as an important photographic adding to TE and added that info on his note then it would have been perfectly acceptable, why choosing something we can't see what it's about and w/o any note about the photo itself? On that particular picture I just saw one lit candle and a diffuse dark silhouette in the background. No idea what I was seeing in fact... I think if you want to make a tribute to a photographer you at least can make an effort.

I do not understand the answer. I cite TOS:

Certain types of photos are prohibited on TrekEarth and will be removed:
Nude photographs unless the nudity is intrinsically related to an event such as a regional festival, daily living, or the like.
Photographs of family, friends, or pets (not only one's own).
Self-portraits, photos of your own reflection or own shadow.
Studio-like, set-up or posed photos.
Closeups of any flowers of plants, water droplets, toothbrushes etc. are not allowed.

I haven't seen anything of it on the photo. The TOS should be respected of both sides. The note was very sensitive, there were many comments under it. Why do you think it was no effort? If jasmis wrote," I made this photo in the church so and so" - would it be there still? The photo spoke perfectly for itself. If people had any dou bts if there decision of leaving the side was right, no they have no such doubts.

Regards

emka