The TrekEarth Forums - View Single Post - A FINE NEW LAYOUT
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 11:06 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: A FINE NEW LAYOUT

I agree completely with Pablo. This 'positive' thread gives me opportunity to say what I feel...

I've been quitely watching the hoopla over the new layout for the last couple of weeks, but I've liked it immensely. Look at the face value of new TE- it now 'belongs' to this age. For the problems reported or functionality missing, I would like to say, and others would agree, that things are falling in place with time. Let's hope that every problem reported is taken care of, but we must understand that it can't be done overnight. One more thing, people accustomed to one thing hesitate to accept a new thing, so when the beta version was put into production suddenly, they panicked. The old site was friendly, because we were used to it. The new one will become so, but with time.

I feel some little steps from site owners would've helped-

1- Testing of beta version and fixing problems should have been given more time. A lot of this-n-that-not-working could have been avoided certainly.
2- Several issues are simply not there- it is user's ignorance and they should not be blamed for that. A user guide/tutorial explaining users where-to-find-what would have been very helpful.
3- Before launching the beta version, users should have been taken into confidence. Instead of no/little communication, A simple message of cooperation from site owners could have created a lot of rapport.

Having said all that, I'm optimistic. I'm myself in software and know that re-launching such a big platform isn't that easy.

So instead of cribbing and crying like toddlers, can't we behave like grown-ups. Lets accept that there have been some glitches, so what. Let's have a heart. Give it a chance. Do we reject our friends or relatives as soon as they fall sick for the very first time? We accept them and encourage them to bounce back, right...?

I'm with those working on TE, to make it better and I'm ready to have patience. I'll stick to it. I'll NOT delete my photos, turn my back and walk away. I'll be here till it blooms again...

PS: No, I've not been commissioned by TE owners to say all these things. I'm only a user just like you. In fact, a relatively very recent member than most of you...