Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kajenn 2009-04-19 19:58

Again you show us your love for the sea, Andrew. Are you a sailor stuck on shore? (I live 10 kms inland and that's too far for me.) And as someone loving and longing for the sea, you show it well. Magically all lines - the boats, the clouds and the mountains - direct my eyes toward the setting sun; not to the sun itself, rather to the reflection, which is easier on the eye. And nothing interferes with that reflection. Very well done!

The word "dumbbell-shaped" confuses me. It's not included in my dictionary and my thoughts that it could be "crescent-shaped" do not correspond with your map reference.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:50 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To kajenn: a sailor stuck on shore

Hello Kaj,

It's great to see you are still around. Thank you for the thoughtful critique.

I never used to like the sea, until I came to Hong Kong. At the end of my first 7 months here, the concrete jungle got to me and I moved to Lantau Island, an outlying island. I had over 2 hours on ferries each day - with stunning sea views of islands and ships from around the world.

After that year on Lantau I think I was hooked.

I posted an old photo from my old Lantau home back in 2004.
Mui Wo in Silver Mine Bay

Best regards,
Andrew