To cdmonson: Donegal - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great cdmonson 2009-05-08 12:58

Hi Viktor:

It certainly is possible to get a good shot without HDR, and I'm glad you've done so here. I think HDR has its place, but for too many photographers it replaces a focus on getting the shot right in the first place. If you take away that challenge, you destroy the art somewhat, in my opinion. Kind of like going hunting with a machine gun from a helicopter or something--it may be effective, but it destroys the art because it doesn't require much skill. :)

Anyway, enough of that. This is overall a pretty well-exposed shot, in spite of the blown-out clouds in the distance. But hey, what can you do. You did a great job overall. I wasn't sure whether to go here in a couple weeks when I'm in Ireland, but now I think I will, actually. Thanks for sharing!

Clark

P.S. Any other recommendations in County Donegal? I've got a day there, so I was planning on Slieve League (and now Horn Head), Dunlewy and the Poison Glen, Glenveagh National Park, and possibly Fanad Head. A full day, I know, but I only get one crack at these. Any ideas you have would be great.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:23 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To cdmonson: Donegal

Hi Clark,

thanks a lot for your nice comment, I truly appreciate it. Honestly, everywere in Donegal is nice. We stayed near Dunbeg, village on the coast, near Errigal, Dunlewy and the Poison Glen, also close to Bloody Foreland and Horn Head. And I loved it there. Horn Head, though, was probably my favorite place. No people, no stress, no smog, no traffic, just ocean, high cliffs... But sure, the same can be said about Poison Glen. It's simply breathtaking!!!

Enjoy your time in Donegal!

Kind regards,

Viktor

ps: i more than agree with your comment on HDR!!!
Old 05-12-2009, 12:03 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To cdmonson: Donegal

Hi Victor:

Thanks for the advice! Hopefully I'll come back with something like this.

Clark
Old 05-12-2009, 08:07 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To cdmonson: Donegal

hi Clark,

I'm quite sure you will. Wishing you the very best light.

kind regards,

Viktor