Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 05:26 AM
TE Expert

Default Ridiculous Cencorship

Ok, I can understand why the moderators have removed the threads discussing sale/resale issue as formulated in the old version of the TOU. According to IB, the wrong version of TOU was posted to site. Fair enough.

Bu why on earth would the moderators remove a thread bidding farewell to a number of longstanding, well regarded (by the community) members (Floydian, Pboehringer, IgorDeleze just to name a few) who are leaving TE because of the ambiguity in the wording in the CURRENT version of the TOU??

It's plain ridiculous!
Old 06-11-2009, 05:29 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Ridiculous Cencorship

I agree with you Kristaps.... and I don't like this attitude at all. It looks like their trying to make everybody delete their images and go away! :o(
Old 06-11-2009, 05:40 AM
TE Expert

Note, moderators/admins, there might be 60K or so members 'and clicking' so you might think, a few dozens leaving changes nothing. But out of those thousands there are only a few hundred (at best) who really participate regularly and hold the spirit of this forum together. Many of the ones who left over the last couple days come from these 'few hundred'. The loss of their participation and years-long photo contribution will be felt on the site.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:42 AM
TE Expert

Why this censorship?

Is this their answer?

In this way many members will delete their galleries !!!

Waiting an explanation from administrators

This is not the right attitude !!!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:00 AM
TE Junior Member

Yeap, I agree, majority members joined the forums' discussions are active members, now they leaving TE one by one.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:06 AM
TE Senior Member

So sad to see some of the oldest members of the site, and most important, some of the greatest photographers that ever participated to this site, leaving. Maybe, for the administrators, they are just numbers. They might think: "So what? in a comunity of 80.000 or more members, 3,5 or 10 decided to leave! No big deal". but that's not the truth. The vast majority of the "members" who have signed in, are not real members, many of them have never posted a single photo.

The truth is that there are a few hundreds real members that have dedicated plenty of their time for this site, during these years. Each and every one leaving is a huge loss! Especially if they are such great photographers such as the ones mentioned above!

So sad to see, something that took 6 years to be built, seeming ready to colapse within a few weeks time!

Best regards to all,
Hercules
Old 06-11-2009, 09:42 AM
TE Expert

Folks are leaving as we speak... I was just browsing through the gallery of Greg64 just to realize his photos are disappearing...

Not a pretty sight.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:49 AM
TE Expert

Yes, while we speak.
I am leaving on business for several days. Will I find TE empty after I return?

Who will be the next?

Me? Most probably.
-----------------
PS. for those who happen to check the forum and understand Russian - about the situation: Япатсталом! тут ваще уже полный ппц! Лучшие линяют. Видать, пора и мне.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:51 AM
TE Expert

I just noticed: my total "critiques written" counter shrunk by about 20% overnight. Those 20% must have been for the photos deleted by leaving members...
Old 06-11-2009, 12:28 PM
TE Expert

Yes... bitter taste in my mouth...

I never posted often in TE. I had my reasons. I am not the most active member in TE, I know. Yet... I'm around since 2005 and actually, I was looking at TE photos since 2003. It hurts to see what is happening...

My thread "Communications 101" is more than ever valid.
But I have not much hope that they will learn.
One thing we know now is that there is at least one "Moderator" who reads our words. At least, in part. And press the button "Delete" without saying a word. But that, we already knew it! :-)

Yes... bitter taste in my mouth...