Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 07:03 PM
TE Expert

Wink ADAMinistration

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyy View Post
On regrette vraiment l'époque d'Adam
Hi Danyy,
We are still at the time of Adam - he is an Administrator, believe me.
And the site works exactly the same way as when he was more "visible" on the site. In my begginings here, I've had also a picture deleted, because of the frame too. I wrote to Adam to ask him if I could re-post my picture without the elaborated frame and he authorised me, at that time.
As you did for your last picture.
By the way, I hope it will not be your last one
This thread made me visit your gallery and I find it beautiful!

Salut Danyy,
Nous sommes encore à l'époque d'Adam - il est un Administrateur, crois-moi.
Et le site fonctionne exactement de la même façon que quand il était plus "visible" sur le site. À mes débuts ici, j'ai eu également une image supprimée, à cause du cadre aussi. J'ai écrit à Adam pour lui demander si je pouvais re-poster mon image sans le cadre élaboré et il m'a autorisé, à cette époque.
Comme tu l'as fait pour ta dernière photo.
Soit dit en passant, j'espère que ce ne sera pas ta dernière
Ce "thread" m'a fait visiter ta galerie et je la trouve belle!

Last edited by Docarmo; 01-27-2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: text improvement
Old 01-26-2010, 07:58 PM
TE Expert

Default decisions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitht View Post
I find it interesting that there isn't an equivalent topic to this from the English speaking membership. Maybe it's down to the Gallic attitude of "I'll only obey the rules if they benefit me" as seen so often in the European Union.
Greetings!

ha ha ha LOL
You could as well have said " Russian attitude"!
Come to Russia and you will see how people live according to the principle: "If rules exist they are not for me, they should be disregarded only because they are rules!"
IMHO, each of us has the right to choose something and take a serious decision at a certain point of our lifetime... whether it is a right or wrong decision - Time will show!

By the way, at the beginning of my "career" on TE 3 images were deleted by the moderators - just because of the frames! LOL anyway this did not discourage me from continuing to post. I thought that it is not the frame that matters, after all...!
Good luck
aka fanni
Old 01-26-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docarmo View Post
We are still at the time of Adam - he is an Administrator, believe me.
And the site works exactly the same way as when he was more "visible" on the site.]
It´nice to know people noticed that because I was kind of instructed as mod by Adam for almost 7 years now and I can tell you he was and still is very accurate about rules.
And even more consequent about TOS rules than I was and I still believe he was right about being consequent could be the only way to prevent chaos...

Quote:
Salut Danyy,
Nous sommes encore à l'époque d'Adam - il est un Administrateur, crois-moi.
Et le site fonctionne exactement de la même façon que quand il était plus "visible" sur le site.
Excusez°moi j´ai un probl@eme ce soir sur mon clavier pour m ´exprimer en fran´cais..
Old 01-27-2010, 07:04 AM
Banned

Mais la vie... elle est née du chaos "originel" !...
Et maintenant ?... Nous vivons dans un chaos... "organisé" !
Et l'on a pas encore trouvé de démiurge pour faire mieux...
Heureusement il nous reste le rire !!!...
Old 01-27-2010, 08:13 AM
TE Expert

Default Gallic attitude...

Quote:
I find it interesting that there isn't an equivalent topic to this from the English speaking membership. Maybe it's down to the Gallic attitude of "I'll only obey the rules if they benefit me" as seen so often in the European Union.
Keith, you being a moderator, I am not sure it is suitable to post such statements...
Laurent

Last edited by siolaw; 01-27-2010 at 08:19 AM. Reason: text improvement...
Old 01-27-2010, 08:46 AM
TE Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuaxo View Post
...So, if a rule is not serving well, we must be bold and change it or delete it....
Sorry I can't continue in French (it would took me a whole week to do so)
With that I can agree Francisco: To change the rule or to delete it it's not the same thing as "forbiding borders". I don't mind if the rule changes to accept 'all kinds of borders'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuaxo View Post
...The problem is when the rules are difficult to apply, due to different interpretations, slight doubts, or they are not applied equally to everybody (like in this case: the moderators can not see all the photos).
And now for a little provocation: So, since we are not able to put all the criminals in jail, should we just abolish them? .

Have a nice day
Old 01-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:

Hem hem yellow card here...
Or may we start to comment on the british "positive" contribution to the EU over last 30 years ?
Old 01-27-2010, 02:27 PM
TE Expert

Je dois dire que je suis d'accord avec Didi. T'as pas eu de chance, tant pis. Retraville les sans cadre et publie les. Tes photos sont belles.
Amitiés
John
Old 01-27-2010, 06:30 PM
TE Expert

Arrow rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntas View Post
With that I can agree Francisco: To change the rule or to delete it it's not the same thing as "forbiding borders". I don't mind if the rule changes to accept 'all kinds of borders'.
My point, agreeing with Philippe, was that if the rule is not doing its function well (because it's difficult to apply, for whatever reason), the administration should consider changing the rule, making a better rule. Some options about this case of the rule of the frames:
  1. Leave it as it is now.
  2. Abolish it, accepting all kinds of frames.
  3. Change it, forbidding all frames.
  4. Change it, making it more precise or easier to understand/apply. For instance, the rule could be accompanied/aided by examples of images of frames, some of the allowed and of those not allowed.
Quote:
And now for a little provocation: So, since we are not able to put all the criminals in jail, should we just abolish them? .
(Now excuse-me, non-Portuguese-speaking members.)
Paulo, nem tanto ao mar nem tanto à terra. Não sou propriamente contra as molduras, mas não me choca que a regra seja alterada para proibi-las (como na Fotopedia), tal como também não me choca que sejam todas autorizadas (se depois o resultado visual é desastroso, problema de quem as fizer).
Agora, que a regra é de difícil interpretação ou aplicação ou é subjectiva, isso é verdade. A prova é estarmos aqui a discutir isto. Portanto, como qualquer regra, altere-se e faça-se melhor. As leis não devem ser imutáveis, principalmente quando não funcionam.
Faz-me lembrar a cena das obras nas auto-estradas. Foi feita uma lei para o concessionário reduzir a portagem quando as obras afectam mais de 10 km de percurso. Resultado: as obras nunca têm 10 km. Isso verificou-se bem no alargamento da A2 entre o Fogueteiro e Palmela; estão fazendo em pedaços de menos de 10 km, às vezes alternados. Portanto a lei, como diria o Sampaio, é uma mera sugestão. Solução: altere-se a lei. Neste exemplo podiam estabelecer um tanto de redução da portagem por cada quilómetro (deve ser pouco prático fazer obras destas em pedaços de apenas 999 metros!).
Old 01-27-2010, 06:58 PM
TE Expert

Post What is the reason ?

Personally I think a elaborated framed picture is useless, only the content of the photo is important.
However I would ask the administrators this simple question:
Why and for what purpose this kind of framed images are prohibited by the TOS?
There must be some reason is supposed to convince.
Cheers

Tags
ail