Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great sayeed_rahman 2010-02-05 9:24

I know i am missing the mountains, the long drives at high altitude, every hair pin bend in the mountains revealed a new face of nature..its time to reconnect..

unusual light around this place, perhaps the early hours and as for the restrictions on photography, you really follow them ? - i mean keep your equipment out of an argument, but you save a frame in that memory card, end of day it is a priceless one

take care Dan

sayeed

Old 02-05-2010, 06:10 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To sayeed_rahman: Restrictions Enforced

Hi, Sayeed -

Well, this shot was taken through the window of our bus- which probably explains the light, as it was midday - and just after I took it, the guide said we had to put away our cameras until we'd crossed the border. Since he could lose his license, or even be arrested, if we took pictures, he was going to make sure we followed the rules. (I don't know if he knows I took this one.)

Which reminds me: On the Tajik-Uzbek border, the guide (different one) was spending too much time filling out papers, and there was a Tajik flag flying in a stiff wind, and I really wanted a photo of it. So I asked the guard (in bad Russian) if I could do so, and he agreed. When I took out my camera, the others (a group of 16) started screaming at me, but I said : "Well, I asked!" So they all got out their cameras to shoot the flag.

The guard then came out from his office (a trailer), got another guard, and the two of them took me off to one side. And, in Russian, demanded that I tell them ... who was going to win the American presidential election next week!

Best,
Dan
Old 02-05-2010, 07:12 PM
TE Expert

Default Traveler

Your travelogues must be an interesting read, allow me but i think i am more of a traveler than the "photographer" while the traveler. It seems you and i have something in common, something small in common.

see you,

sayeed