To fanni: Reply - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good Disabled_A 2010-11-28 8:20

Hi Rob,
if you don't mind hearing my opinion... :) this would be a perfect picture (the colours are amazingly natural!) if the composition were a bit different!

I shot a similar pic in Luzern this summer.. so I kinda know the difficulty of shooting such views (especially taking into account the lighting conditions and the fact that we'd like to see clearly not only the FG but BG as well!

What I am talking about is the man sitting on the bench.
I repeat: it would be simply perfect to move him (with the bench, of course LOL) a bit to the left!
While sitting on the right (with so little space between him and the right border of the pic) he "outweighs" the composition and makes it kinda fall to the right.

I know: the landscape (the mountains) looks really beautiful and perhaps you wanted to include as much of that as possible... so probably that was the reason why you chose this POV.
Anyway, if I had to shoot such a pic I'd perhaps do the following:

- shot a few different images with different composition so that later I'd choose the best of them;

- shot a few images in a row to create a panoramic photo so that later I'd feel free to choose any crop for the best balance of the compo.

well..... that's just my opinion, you may disagree :) Each of us sees the same thing differently, don't we!

best regards,
Elena

Old 11-28-2010, 04:42 PM
TE Newbie

Default To fanni: Reply

Excellent! I really appreciate you honest thoughts and judgement. I never really looked at this shot this way. I do have more shots of this scene from different angles. I may repost this following your advice.

Have a good day,

Rob