Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 05-23-2007, 01:01 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: "Learning about the world through photography"

If the purpose of this site is learning about the world ...

you have put it right, if..., what about if it isn't anymore ... ?
Old 05-23-2007, 07:19 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: "Learning about the world through photography"

Hello everyone,

I agree that it would have been nice to keep those pictures when it comes to learning about the world. Then again, with so many hundreds of thousands of pictures on this site... In the end, it's the owner of the pictures who decides. A bit sad to see comments like 'The damage is done' etc. Can we not be thankful for all those wonderful pictures Christos has shared with us and what we learned from those up to now? And if you didn't see them, there are new 'Christoses' becoming TE members on a daily basis.

When we talk about the critiques given to pictures... Is a critique less valuable if given and the picture is deleted later on, after a month, two months or a year? Did we learn less from looking at that picture? Did the photographer learn less from the comments when he deletes pictures?
I don't think so. Perhaps I'm at an age that my memory is still good ;-) and I don't need critiques to be presevered here for my children hahaha. You get comments and you take them into account. Others see them and learn from it. But after a while, people will not search pictures anymore for comments, for learning about the photography side of things.
After a while, the biggest value of a picture is teaching us about the world through photography. And at that point, I'll get back to my comment that there are hundreds of thousands of pictures here that show the world in all its facets. Christos pictures will be missed, but we'll survive.

At some point I may also want to move on or close my account. Maybe I'll specialize on landscapes, or on urban environments, or close-ups of life, or architecture. Or just focus on something else in my life. I don't know yet. But there are specific sites for specific types of photography and in the end I'd prefer those when I would specialize in the future. In that sense, I'm not married with TE...

Does it mean that from now on all of you won't comment on my pictures for that reason? I can tell you; You'll be missing out on some great pictures then and I'll miss some good comments, but it's your choice ;-).

Christos, thank you for sharing your world with us for as long as you were here! Stay well and all the best with your future plans. In the end your most valuable audience for your pictures and the world as you see it is you, yourself.

Greetings, Dennis
Old 05-23-2007, 09:14 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Delete account

This some sad news Christo....! And it's a damn pitty that your wonderful pictures, from the early age of TE, are in the digital void now. But I think you've choosen a very valid reason. Not that you should have one 'cause your the one and only owner of those pic.
Take care my friend and best wishes,
Bert
Old 05-24-2007, 12:21 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Delete account

I would like to thank all of you for taking time and replying to this message.
The reason I chose to delete my images is that I have no time to spend on TE. I am very sad about that, but unfortunately my current job leaves me with no free time. My photos have my personal "copyright" and they belong to me. I would thus do not feel comfortable with leaving them at a website that I no longer visit and part of a community that I no longer have time to participate in.
TE is not a static gallery where someone can just post photos and leave them there. It requires constant uploading and writing reviews. I never thought of TE as a simple gallery. That is why I stopped posting my photos here when I stopped having time to review other images.
When I first joined TE 4 years ago things were very different here. I believe that the community was expanded way too much now and I cannot keep track of what is happening here. In the past I have posted my opinion on the forum about changing the point system and the critique system to keep track of the increasing number of users.
I am really sorry if some people that left reviews for my photos feel uncomfortable with my decision. Unfortunately, we cannot please everybody with everything we do.
Once again, I would like to thank all TE members that have contributed with comments over the past years. As mentioned before I do not have the time to post my files to a different online gallery.
I wish the best for all of you.
Christos
Old 05-07-2012, 12:08 AM
TE Newbie

Exclamation account remove

is there any way to close my account ? i deleted my photos but yet my account didnt get closed
Old 06-14-2012, 02:21 PM
TE Senior Member

To the Moderator:
Sir, you are still not answering the question re. how to delete the account.
There is nowhere on the site a prompt to delete the account.

You are also not answering MY question of being reinstated. My penalty expired on May 22/2012 and you are still blocking my access. All charges against me have expired.
Your behaviour indicates to me that you don't follow your own rules therefore your rules are invalid in face of the law.
If you do not reinstate me, I'll delete my account on Trekearth.
paprika-jancsi
Old 06-15-2012, 02:22 AM
TE Newbie

why u want to delete?