To trevormoffiet: thank you - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great trevormoffiet 2012-10-05 1:15

Hi Mikaela,
This is a beautiful image with very good sharpness and colour. I will give a suggestion for how I think that the image can be improved from my point of view but my opinion is just an opinion (one sample of many possible opinions) . I would crop the left side where the wires meet the horizon so that they are not obvious. This would cause the road to be more central and the image I think would look to be in better balance. The way the image presents itself now, the left side has much more sky than the right side which creates the feeling that it is not balanced. You don't lose any of the information in the image by cropping the left side in this way. The rule of thirds does not always work.
Regards,
Trevor

Old 10-05-2012, 10:57 AM
TE Newbie

Default To trevormoffiet: thank you

Hm.. I cropped it from the very beginning like that but were not happy about it. But now, when i try it again, it looks better! Strange. ;D

Thank you.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:18 PM
TE Newbie

Default Cropping

Hi Mikaela,
After your reply I had another thought. If you crop only from the left side the image may look too tall. If you have the megapixels also try cropping from the top (at different degrees of severity to experiment with what is best) to bring it back to a landscape format. In that way the viewer's eye will be directed and held within the avenue. With some help from Google translate: Du kommer fortfarande att ha höstens färger och höbalar kommer fortfarande att vara synligt mellan träden.

Please treat my comments only as suggestions that illustrate my way of thinking.
Ultimately the best image for you is based on your own appreciation and what you want to present to a viewer.

Regards,
Trevor
PS I love Sweden but have only been there in Summer.