To tyro: Thank you - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2014-04-06 3:06

Hello Kathryn,

How wonderful that you are now back posting here - it's been over a year since we saw any of your lovely photographs! I hope that you are well.

Please don't make any apologies for the image lacking colour: for me it's just perfect and the colours and light are beautifully soft and your processing has been wonderfully subtle and sympathetic.

A very fine and pleasing composition with perfect exposure and exquisite details and sharpness.

Beautiful!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. Over the last year, TE have greatly increased the size limits for pictures uploaded - both for pixel dimensions (now up to an amazing 3000 pixels high or wide) and a file size - now of up to around 5 Mb. This picture could certainly stand being seen at larger size and resolution and I think that would definitely add to its appeal. Just a thought, Kathryn.

Old 04-08-2014, 04:30 AM
TE Newbie

Default To tyro: Thank you

Hi John,
Thank you for your kind and detailed (as ever) critique. Two international moves in tow years has certainly taken much of my "photo" time .
I was in your neck of the woods between Christmas and New Year . We took the children up through the highlands before repatriating to Australia. We stayed in a castle outside of Inverness then visited with some Hong Kong friends that live in Seamill , on the coast near Glasgow. We will be back again later in the year as my eldest child, our daughter, will be taking a place at St Andrews in September.
Maybe I will ask you for some great suggestions for picturesque lochs to shoot...I recall Loch Oich was quite pretty many years ago?

Regards
Kathryn