Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great klennon79 2006-02-20 9:38

Hi Carlos.

I like the photo. It should be an intense photo, but the look on the angel's face and the way the light hits it, does not make me feel that way.

Good use of ps, you have made the blue light, and red fabric, really stand out and become richer in color.

Good angle as well-you have made it appear that the angel is striking down on you.

It is a dark photo, however, I think that it works well here. All of the available light touches some really important pieces of the angel, i.e. armor, detail, face.

Lastly, I like the subject. I am not sure about other countries, but in the U.S., angels are typically portrayed as soft, lovey, gentle, little creatures. It is nice to see a different perspective.

Nice capture!

Kirsten

Old 02-20-2006, 05:52 PM
TE Expert

Default To klennon79: hi Kirsten

The medieval reliogisity was very different of the modern religiosity.

I mean that actually one angel means love, peace, etc. Why? Because we understand that God represents all these feelings.
But in the medieval period people was feared because they lived in one period where who didn't allow the commandaments of God would be punished.
The angels also represented this role.
Anyway, what I mean is that they weren't o they didn't represent the "bad". They only make justice, and that was the "good" against the "evil".

I don't know if I explain to myself correctly. But these words were because you said that in U.S. angels are lovely, gentle creatures,... and also here. But not only they have this soft role. One exemple: St. Gabriel always has a lance in his arm, because he fights gainst the evil.

Only one thing more. In the note of the photo I say that the colours of the photo are of the original. I only have increased the saturation (only a bite) and also the contrast, but the colours are the originals.

Carlos.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:52 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To klennon79: hi Kirsten

Understood. Thanks for clearing up. :)