Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-27-2006, 12:13 AM
TE Expert

Default Question on Copying Exif Data from Photoshop CS2

Is there a faster way to copy EXIF data from Photoshop CS2 to TE's photographer's note box? I use a Nikon D100 but I do not have a Nikon Capture 4.4 software. I tried the "Copy and Paste" method but it does not work. I would appreciate it if you could give me some suggestions.

Andre' (erdna)
Old 05-28-2006, 04:07 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Question on Copying Exif Data from Photoshop CS2

Hi Andre,

If you save your pictures using "Save As" from the File menu rather than using "Save for Web", the EXIF information is automatically embedded in the photo. When you subsequently upload the picture, the TE software reads the EXIF and makes it available in the "More Photo Info" link next to the picture.

I'm not sure if that's what you were looking for but that's the way I've been doing it. Note that if you do decide to do it this way you'll probably want to convert the picture to SRGB before you save it (Edit => Convert To Profile=> sRGB...).
Old 05-28-2006, 06:24 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Question on Copying Exif Data from Photoshop CS2

Thank you Keith. I will try it. I have alwas save my photos for posting in the, "Save for Web" fr easier conversion to reduced image size.

Andre'