To imrek: 5 step sharpenung - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great imrek 2008-01-18 1:12

HI Bert,

very nice colors and pov and of course quality is outstanding, what does mean "5 step method"?

rgs,

imre

Old 01-18-2008, 10:56 AM
TE Expert

Default To imrek: 5 step sharpenung

Hi Imre, the 5 step method is originally developed by Luko, and is adapted by Adrian Warren. I inserted the 4th step and most of the text is from Adrian, but I altered the sequence and values to my preference.

“1st step - high radius sharpening : sharpening effect set to 15, radius to 30,
Effect : this seems to wash off any haze from the image. Not really a "sharpening" effect, more or less like adding overall contrast.

*check highlights* If you've overcooked it, either undo this step, or consider doing this on a duplicate layer and removing the problematic area with a soft-edged eraser.

create a new layer:

2nd step - sharpen the darker details : Radius 0.5, amount 130, OK. THEN click on "Edit/fade sharpening" select "Darken" leave it to 100%
Effect : sharpening dark details, choosing "darken" prevents from any halo effect, but the lighter details have not been sharpened yet

3rd step : same as 2nd step, but instead of clicking "darken" now choose "lighten" and remove the halo moving back the effect % arrow towards 30 or 40%.
Effect : sharpening light details but still controlling the halos.

4rd step: general sharpening: Radius 3,5 amount 35

5th step Knock out any areas you don't need sharpened using a soft-edged eraser; generally that's blue sky areas, and anything in bokeh. When you're happy, flatten the image.”

Cheers

Bert
Old 01-18-2008, 12:56 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To imrek: 5 step sharpenung

thanks Bert, it sounds good, i most try that method!
Have nice weekend!
imre