Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 04-26-2010, 09:46 PM
TE Newbie

Talking Camera Bag

I have been doing research on new camera bags previously I was using a small Lowepro slingshot bag that barley holds my 40d with battery grip, on my trip to Thailand it pretty much fell apart and is almost unusable..so I am looking for something that will be a good travel bag, highly water resistant and can store everything I need plus more. I am looking at the Lowepro Dryzone Rover.

http://products.lowepro.com/product/...er,1936,18.htm

anyone have a better suggestion I would like something that can be carry on for a plane, and I would like it to hold my manfrotto ball head tripod (non carbon fibre) so its heavy..

what camera bag can you recommend to me.

Cheers
Old 04-30-2010, 08:19 PM
TE Expert

Default Carry-On Camera Bag

Make sure that the new bag you buy is within the allowed size for carry-on bags. Airlines now have new rules. You can only have one carry-on bag of
18" x 10" x 8" and it should fit under a seat. "Roll-a-board" is no longer considered as a hand luggage, it should be checked in. Check-in luggages maximum weight is 44 lbs. Better check the airline you are using. I always put my tripod and monopod in my suitcase including a bag for chargers, hard drive storage and other camera accessories. It will be with you in the hotel or ship anyway. I am leaving for a land tour of Argentina next week, so these info are from American Airlines and LAN Airlines. The camera bag I have been using for 6 years now, fits under the airplane seat. It is a Lowepro. They do not even sell my bag anymore, but it is similar to a Lowepro DryZone 100.

Andre'
Old 05-04-2010, 03:48 AM
TE Newbie

Default Thank you

Thank you for taking the time for such a detailed response, I live in Canada so I am sure the rules for carry on may be a bit different but they probably follow similar guidelines....thanks for your help I appreciate it!
Old 11-28-2010, 05:34 PM
TE Newbie

this helps thanks! ^_^

Tags
bag, camera, dryzone, equipment, lowepro