Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-03-2007, 09:08 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: good and never heard of

Cool humour, sardonic at times, but always with a subtle eye for the detail, this guy from Pbase will give you a run for your money with his galleries. I just linked to the last set he has been working on, but there are little treasures in his many other galleries:

http://www.pbase.com/rulon/razvod_lohov
Old 10-03-2007, 10:07 PM
TE Expert

Yes I agree, I don't remember to whom I was writing lately about him (oh yes Luis Afonso on his recent portraits...).

Rulon portraits do not work as standalones, they must be taken into series, the repetition brings half of the fun. (fishy policemen are his second favorite victims, I believe incredible girls are his first).
Old 10-03-2007, 10:28 PM
TE Expert

I do SF street a lot. i promise you (or anyone), there is just not that much happenstance and "double-entendre" situations as in there, or Maciej's Cardiff, another that comes to mind.. The most fun I have is fairs and festivals. even the hyper-touristy places are hardly of Martin Parr magnitude....
Old 10-04-2007, 03:28 PM
TE Expert

Had a quick glance at this and initially thought what a bunch of crap, what a heck are you two seeing in this, then as I kept going I started enjyoing it, this is funny, individually pretty crappy artistically but as a whole wouldn't call it a load of crap, still pretty far from great photography, although the humour and surrealizm is undenialable, I seem to recall it was you Luko (possibly even in this thread) linked to another photographer, now that was funny and great at the same time (Brit if I recall, but the name escapes me).
Peter
Old 10-04-2007, 08:43 PM
TE Expert

You mean this guy? he's a class in his own... but talking about pbase portraitists, when you start speaking about moving portraiture check out for Bruce in pbase.
No one comes close IMO.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:41 PM
TE Expert

Bruce has not posted in almost a year on Pbase. Any other outlet for his P. you know of?

I see the point about Rulon not doing great photography, yet there is a lot of subtlety adding up when you look at his galleries. And he knoes his "decisive moments", so to speak.

He is a lot more than just another peeping eye with steel hands at 300mm X1.4 from across the street....