Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-13-2006, 12:19 PM

Default MAGNUM - a new website

Magnum photos agency just launched a new website, completely different than the previous one, check it out
Old 11-14-2006, 03:20 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: MAGNUM - a new website

and their online pictures are even smaller, and I can't see the way of seeing just one image at the time, sucks.
Peter
Old 11-14-2006, 03:54 PM

you need to log in to see images in the archives i think, without registering you can only see thumbnails. registering is free and easy
Old 11-14-2006, 04:28 PM
TE Expert

If you need to register, you cannot link to one photo anymore... definitely sucks... booh to Magnum!
Old 11-14-2006, 06:59 PM
TE Junior Member

I think you can see the images without registering - you just have to scroll through the numbers to find the one you want. So it's true you can't link, except to the photog page and give a number. Registration's not so simple... it has to be validated by the 'local office'. Think mine will be rejected...
Old 11-14-2006, 07:35 PM
TE Expert

What's the Big deal about Magnum ANYMORE? Reminds me of the vibrant bands from the 60s who became languishing accounting dinosaurs once young punks went back to 2 chords and a half songs, and garage 2 strings-productions. All these guys in NY during 9/11 and not one defining shot, let alone decisive. Save a couple from Webb, nuth' to write home about, anyone with a cheap cam would have had a field day. I believe that for photo-journalism, 9/11 was also a turning point. I see this book "9/11 by Magnum photographers".....how f.... g pompous and corporate can you get? Between Nat zero, Lonely flatnet and nabuccodinosaur (read Magnum) spilled-coffee table books, ahah, not much space left on bookstore shelves in already squeezed photography sections.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:37 PM

I was registered with them till today - I screwed up sth in my profile while editing it and my account has been blocked when I wanted to log in.. and there is no support for this kind of problems, so I have tried to set up a new account and they are checking me out now, I hope they are not more restrictive than before
Old 11-14-2006, 08:16 PM
TE Expert

well my registration has been first accepted but then revised to pending, that smells to me like a big pile of crap.

And why it is a big deal to me, well an incredible amount of wonderfull photography that I come back to time and time again, just because some of it is old it doesn't mean it has aged or lost it's lustre. Not being able to link individual images is also a big deal, I can imagine magnum photos have been linked to TE probably thousands of time for discussions, to help illustrate a point, to compare or show the better way.
Peter
Old 11-14-2006, 09:03 PM

I browse their website every day, it is one of maybe 7 websites I check every morning with my breakfast.
yes, it sucks that we will not be able to direct link their images anymore. I hope that they will accept those pending regstrations.

maybe someone could write an email to them asking them to allow browsing archives without registering and linking images? just like it was before
Old 11-15-2006, 03:35 AM
TE Expert

just because some of it is old it doesn't mean it has aged or lost it's lustre
-------------------------------

sure enough, you won't catch me going to see THE WHO or the STONES anymore, or any reunion between Plant and Page, but I sure do listen to that first Led Zeppelin album once in a while, as well as Tommy and Beggars banquets! :-)