Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 06-17-2007, 07:18 PM
TE Newbie

Default Not a quiz...

Just a little riddle, purely for fun. :)

Go and see The chair, read the note, and give the answer (or make a good guess).

No, prizes, except the (TE) fame if you get it right, of course! Solution (and winner(s)) tomorrow.

Have fun.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:33 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Not a quiz...

I just answered ...
Old 06-17-2007, 10:34 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Riddles and Quizzes

But I don´t know whether it´s a good idea that everybody makes quizzes and riddles to draw attention on his/her photos ...
Old 06-17-2007, 10:50 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Riddles and Quizzes

But I don´t know whether it´s a good idea that everybody makes quizzes and riddles to draw attention on his/her photos

Well, no, I agree... not to draw attention to their photos. But I was inspired by the idea of a quiz ... and something else. All will be revealed tomorrow, and I won't post a riddle, or quiz, to draw attention every photo I post here, I promise!
Old 06-18-2007, 11:48 PM
TE Newbie

Default And the winners are...

The solution has been posted!

First place is for Jackie Larson [jassy] who correctly guessed that it was crickets being sold here.

A close second is Kev Ryan [KevRyan] who mentioned crickets, but couldn't decide beween crickets or grashoppers. Close enough! :)

No third prize - sorry Mondaychild the chair itself definitely was not for sale! But thanks for trying!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:59 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: And the winners are...

Hi Marjolein,

Oh darn, missed this one! Funny though, reading through the critiques and seeing the postings. I was first going for little singing birds, so I got close with the singing ;-).

Greetings! Dennis
Old 06-19-2007, 07:31 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: And the winners are...

Hi Dennis,

Yes, this was a lot of fun. I had these pictures that just seemed to fit in so nicely with current discussions, so I couldn't resist! As to the singing, I actually made a little video, too, mainly for the sound - but it sounds rather distorted, probably because it was so loud!

Back to the serious things today (keeping another promise), but I may try this riddle/quiz thing again. And I have some pictures where I don't know myself what it is...