Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good Mondaychild 2007-06-17 15:32

Hi Marjolein,

perhaps it´s the chair itself which was for sale??

I don´t know what these things around the chair are ... birdcages, lanterns, or just decoration ... anyway, the perspective makes the chair itself look very very big.

Old 06-17-2007, 11:08 PM
TE Newbie

Default To Mondaychild: Perspective

Now that's an interesting observation about the perspective making the chair look big. I didn't even realize that!

I won't give away what "these things around the chair" are, (or whether they, or the chair, are for sale) until tomorrow, bit I did get down on a knee or two to get level with those "things"!

Yes, the chair and its "things" is close up, the shops in the background a fair distance away (if you click on the geo location map and zoom right in you'll get a fair impression of scale: I spent some time to accurately position the lat/lon marker on the ma p!).

I guess I didn't really realize this perspective effect when I took the picture, I just tried to make the chair fully the subject of the picture without ignoring its location near the shops. Gah! - I find it hard to explain even what I did, though it was quite deliberate! Thanks for focusing my attention on that. I think maybe I should get on my knees more often...