Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-13-2005, 01:31 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Photographing Pain & Poverty ????

I guess some will do, I see at many members intro page, links to help children, and poor countries.

I can not dimension how big the impact is in terms of contribution after seeing a photo. But to my opinion this moves people.

I did change when I started to approach people in such circumstances. I do not say that I am more sensitive now, but I did more efforts towards the improvement of people. Alone, I will not solve all the problems, but I may give relief. And that is why I believe these photos have some effect.

K.
Please check my last posting of poverty and dignity

<a href = "http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/South_America/Paraguay/photo154294.htm"> Here
Old 03-13-2005, 01:54 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Photographing Pain & Poverty ????

It is a matter of distribution - you see your friends photo and that has a small effect in the few people who see it. We just had a TV appeal in UK with many pictures of people dying of AIDS and it raised around 100 million dollars - this is the effect of these pictures and their ability to move the audience.
Even your friends photo may have some impact, maybe it will help persuade someone to get involved in a charity or whatever, here is no way to measure the effect, but personally I can say that seeing poverty and suffering has made me re-evaluate my philosophy many times.
However, any such photo only has any value if it is actually viewed.