To photoray: capitol buildings - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great photoray 2014-08-06 18:45

Dear Craig,

Sorry the haunted ship caused you so much pain and damage. We pray for your speedy recovery and no future curses. Years ago when I tore a ligament in my knee playing softball, the doc said muscle damage is usually more painful than broken bones. I walked on it carefully and the exercise helped it heal.

And a fine view of this ship beached and rusting away.
If this guy was beached on our Pacific coast it would most likely be claimed by the rough wave action quickly and buried.

Your architecture postings have inspired me to pay more attention to our rich Capitol heritage. I wish I had spent more time during my journeys to photograph and explore our capitols and other historical monuments. My own capitol in Sacramento is a beautiful classical style building, which I visited frequently because I worked across the street for Transportation for many moons.

So now I have more work projects for the future. Our West has so much to see. I regret not seeing as much of the rest of our World but then I can rationalize seeing through the eyes of our Trekies.
Best wishes,
Sincerely,
Ray

Old 08-07-2014, 08:33 PM
TE Expert

Default To photoray: capitol buildings

hey Ray

have you been to the Capitol building in San Francisco? I can't remember if you had it in your gallery or not...you probably do.

We visited there a couple years ago...its a SUPER sweet building, on the inside too! Maybe I'll post one soon.

keep your theme going, really enjoy it
cheers
craig
Old 08-08-2014, 10:45 PM
TE Junior Member

Default San Francisco city hall building

Howdy Craig,

Sorry I do not have a photo of San Francisco's City Hall. And it is an elaborate architectural structure. But it is in a tough neighbor called the "Tenderloin District" and I would suggest not venturing there after dark.

I do have some photos of the classical Spanish Mission Delores built in the 18th century, since I have a goal to photograph all of California's missions.

Take care,
Best wishes,
Ray