To Royaldevon: rushing to meet one another - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2020-04-04 3:41

Hello Mariusz,

You must be one of the few people posting a picture that is recent, rather than from an archive!
Just see what beauty there is in the sky!
This is like a quick browse through a paint colour chart, moving from the warm reds and oranges to the cool blues!
Well seen!

The parks have been closed near us, too, for obvious reasons; when people go for a walk, a park is an obvious place, so crowds could begin to congregate, families with children rushing to meet one another. It is for our own safety that communal places are closed and to reinforce the message of staying distant from others.

Keep safe yourself,
Bev :-)

Old 04-04-2020, 10:51 AM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: rushing to meet one another

Hi Bev,
I suppose what you wrote makes sense for most of people.
We, on another hand, have moved to this country relatively recently so we don't have many friends and when we are in a park nobody is rushing to meet us. Usually when we are in a park other children are with their parents and they are not interested in joining us over for a walk or talk. If we don't go to playground we never talk to anybody or are near anybody.
Social distancing is our daily bread so to speak and we are not bothered by that. But that is why the limits imposed on us feel as if they had no sense at all.
Kind regards,
Mariusz
Old 04-04-2020, 05:34 PM
TE Expert

Default Distancing

I perfectly understand what you are saying, Mariusz, and how you feel but rules have to be made for the majority.
I suppose they can't make a rule saying - people cannot visit parks, except those people who don't know anyone.
It's an awful situation but if we keep our distance, we will not be able to pass the virus directly.
Hopefully the more we are responsible for our own safety, the quicker we will beat this virus!

My son works in a hospital and I would hate to think people, for whom he is responsible, have received the virus by their own neglect.

Keep safe and hope this will be over soon,
Bev