To mcmtanyel: parks and open spaces - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mcmtanyel 2020-04-04 23:41

Hello Mariusz,
Here, parks are open but the facilities are closed. We are allowed to take walks. I love the colors in the sky. 👍🏻👍🏻
Regards,
MT

Old 04-05-2020, 07:21 AM
TE Expert

Default To mcmtanyel: parks and open spaces

Hi Murat,
what you wrote makes more sense. In England the decision belongs to councils/communities or owners of the place.
Two weeks ago one of the major organizations closed the houses, palaces, and facilities but left open all open spaces but they were pressured by the same panic spreading people who buy out the toilet paper and they decided to close everything.
Interestingly various councils make various decisions. I heard parks in London where the density of population is the highest, are open. While parks in some parts of the north east of England where the density of population are extremely low, are closed for safety reasons.
My friends from Newcastle tell me though that their council closed the playground but not the whole park. That makes much more sense.

The most ironic thing about the situation in England is that government changed their mind from one day to another, two weeks ago on Wednesday government was laughing at all other countries strict measures saying that it is a populist approach. On Friday schools were open yet and there were no restrictions at all so parents were waiting in front of schools for children chatting with each other. On Saturday a friend of mine posted some photos of her children in the park. On Sunday morning the same lady posted on FB text suggesting that anybody who leaves house is ... (very strong word here).

I thing some things are becoming fashionable.
Same people who fully supported government (because they must know what they are doing) now fully support opposite decision of government (because they must know what they are doing).

Personally, I see so many conspiracy theories, and frankly stupid posts that I switched off most of my friends on FB (unfollow option).

Kind regards,
M