Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2018-11-23 4:26

Hello Viviane,

I am so impressed with your travelling!
I looked on the internet and from The Netherlands to Storslett is well over 3.000 kms.
In a plane it would have taken five and half hours, towing a caravan ... who can say!
But, in a plane, you would not have seen these striking views, or had a chance to barbecue in a teepee-like red hut!
To camp on the banks of this fjord must have been so satisfying, to look out on this view constantly!
I like how you have used the tree in your composition, to anchor the f/g and cast that long shadow across the path The little, red hut makes an attractive link between the f/g , the blue fjord and the cool, snowy mountains in the b/g.

Have a lovely day,
Bev :-)

Old 11-24-2018, 03:10 PM

Wink To Royaldevon: Who can say...

Royaldevon:
Hello Viviane, I am so impressed with your travelling! I looked on the internet and from The Netherlands to Storslett is well over 3.000 kms. In a plane it would have taken five and half hours, towing a caravan ... who can say!

Hello dear Beverley, how can you find the time not only to look at the photo gallery, make the most worthwhile critiques and also calculating the time needed between Netherlands and Storslett with a plane! You made my day, my first smile this morning was for you! Thank you dear Beverley!

In fact I should write a story into my travelogue and explaining about this beautiful trip through Scandinavia.
It is niet the first time we went there, we have already been there in ‘99, ‘02, ‘04 and ‘06 but at the time we had to cope with 4 weeks vacations and we couldn’t go further north than Trondheim in Norway or Sundsvall in Sweden. And I can remember the longest way in 2006 was about 6.600 km with car & caravan.

In 2017, we started on May 1st and we were back home on July 3rd. The car meter gave 11.500 km! But what a trip! Through sloppy and friendly Sweden, a little bit Finish Lapland, Kirkenes almost at Russian border and back through Tromsø, going south to Bodø on June 1st. We stayed a couple of days, met lovely internet friends, and crossed over to the most southern Lofoten island, Moskenesöya. Then travelling all the islands to the north in almost 2 weeks, coming back to Narvik on June 14th. And it cost us another 14 days to go back through Sweden again until the ferry in Goteborg.

Thank you for being attentive and smart in your comments and discussions, you make it worth to stay on TrekEarth as long as possible...
Amitiés,
Viviane