To pboehringer: misunderstanding - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great pboehringer 2009-02-04 8:00

Donato,
there you have it! You don't always need a big foreground element to get and engaging landscape photograph. Have the right lines and right light ... Absolutely beautiful to follow the lines throughout the entire image and you got even three different points of interest that form almost a straight line between the observer and the shot. The tower in the far background and then the two group of people.
Very good image, my friend!
Peter

Old 02-04-2009, 09:49 PM
TE Expert

Default To pboehringer: misunderstanding

Peter,

thanks to your comment to this photo I - at last - understood what you meant in your previous comment when you said: "Donato, I miss somewhere the real point of interest"
There is a semantic difficulty here, what you call "point of interest" I'm used to call "focal point". So you see I had undestood that you didn't find interesting the subject of the photo, and for that reason I told you the whole malvasia stuff... We both had a misanderstanding - you told me: "I don't understand very well your dilema." You got it now? Your were talking about composition but I thought you referred to the aesthetics of the subject... gosh (I feel a moron)!
Now, one more question and then I'll let you alone: don't you think a photo could be fine and valid even without a "point of interest" (or focal point)?
Thank you for your kind patience,
all the best, Donato
Old 02-05-2009, 01:58 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To pboehringer: misunderstanding

Oh, I am very sorry. I really didn't mean to attack you at all. I might sometimes sound a little bit straight on my critiques, but never in a sense to offend. There was a clear misunderstanding between my note and your understanding. Sorry! The previous image was a good one, particularly the light in the lower portion of the sky and the clouds, but I thought that I have written that.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:00 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To pboehringer: misunderstanding

No need to apologize Peter,
it's my fault, I think I read your comment without the necessary attention.
Any way you helped me in understanding my compositions better,
thank you again,
Donato