To pboehringer: PP - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great pboehringer 2009-02-26 5:37

Jorge,
a wonderful presentation of colors with the sandwich of this warm orange between the blue in the lower and upper portion of the image. I winder if you didn't use a polarizing filter on purpose. The sky could be a little bit darker to my feeling. Another detail is additional sharpening at the end of your PP.
Peter

Old 02-26-2009, 02:13 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To pboehringer: PP

Peter,
Thanks for your comments, I always appreciate them.
To be honest, I forgot if I was using filter or not... maybe I was... the sky is difficult at that time, specially with the sun at your left.
Sharpening... on full size it was really nice... I tried to sharpen the small version as much as possible without overshooting and having some halos... this was the best i could.

I noticed that if I reduce the photo in steps (say 1000 px per time) and I sharpen a bit every time, is better than reduce once and sharpen once. What do you do?
cheers
jorge
Old 02-27-2009, 06:28 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To pboehringer: PP

I am not so patient when it comes to sharpening. As soon as I am done with my PP I do a new background layer that is used for the USM. After the sharpening is completed I reduce and switch the image to jpg to get ready for the post at TE.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:19 AM
TE Senior Member

sorry, what is USM?
(red face)
Old 02-28-2009, 02:27 AM
TE Senior Member

USM= unsharpened mask
What PP software do you use? Adobe Photoshop has under filters the sharpening tools. USM is one of them and allows you to adjust for 3 different elements. Don't get red faced!!! There is a lot that everyone here has to learn. The longer I'm part of this TE community the more I realize how much there still is to be learned. It seems to be a never ending thing.
Let me know if this helps you or if you need more support ...
Peter
Old 03-02-2009, 06:27 AM
TE Senior Member

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the reply.
I use PS7, and yes, I use unsharpened mask, but I didn't know it was called USM (red face again)
I usually modify the amount of sharpening between 50 to 100, I leave the ratio in 0.4, and threshold in 4. Is that ok?
The amount of knowledge in photography I gain is huge since I joined TE, and I keep learning.
People now ask me if I took a course in photography after seeing my gallery (which is just average in any site), and I just reply that I have learnt almost everything in TE.
Cheers
Jorge