To pboehringer: I pretty sure the world would be a better p - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great pboehringer 2009-03-02 12:47

Pat,
I was looking through different images done form Mt Shasta as a preparation for a possible visit to the area this week, when I got to see this quite suprising photograph. Curious that I didn't see it earlier. It slipped my attention.
The shape of the cloud is simply fantastic and certainly the major attraction of the image. Difficult light conditions to balance here and yet good enough to fill my eyes with awe.
The change is extremely promising. As a little mental exercise I wonder if it would have happen if 8 years ago Gore would have won. Looking it from that perspective we at least have one good thing to be grateful when looking at Bush. It made the raise of someone like Obama possible.
Peter

Old 03-04-2009, 02:20 AM
TE Expert

Default To pboehringer: I pretty sure the world would be a better p

had Gore been allowed to assume his presidency. As to Obama, he is a very focused and disciplined. I expect he would have been able to fulfill his young resolve to be president; I did see a recent photo of Obama in which his smile didn't reach his eyes. I feel bad that such a fine man has such a difficult task, even as I continue to admire his resolve. When I hear news commentators question Obama's ability to do do something, I want to remind them that he didn't say, "I can do it;" he said, "We can do it."

Thanks for your comments, it has taken me many visits to adequately appreciate Mt. Shasta. For this and the lenticular cloud picture, we arrived in Shasta City just before sunset. Spotting lenticular clouds, we decided to spend the night hoping they would still be there in the morning. I raced around town in the earliest light looking for a good POV.
HLJ, Pat
Old 03-04-2009, 03:57 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To pboehringer: I pretty sure

Pat,
extremely well placed comment. He really never said "I can do it" but it always was "We can do it". Well, that means clearly there is responsibilities for everyone and that might be the point were Obama faces the biggest challenge. The everyday culture is to blame always someone else, to suit the other person ... To be in charge and realize our own responsibilities and tasks is a hard one.
Despite Obama's efforts to do something together the congress and senate continues to be partisan. Republican politicians appointed for a job in the administration declined due to ideologic differences.
As far as I know the only ideology that should be out there is to get to a better place and that isn't good enough?
Peter
Old 03-04-2009, 07:00 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To pboehringer: I pretty sure

I think so!! A very nice article in the NEW Yorker on Obama's Chief of Staff quoted Emmanuel as saying, "The media says we've failed to do away with partisanship, but all we have to do is try, if they can't respond, it's their failure, not ours."
HLj, Pat