To pboehringer: Spring Lupine - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-12-2009, 09:38 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To pboehringer: Spring Lupine

Hello Peter -

As usual, thank you for the kind comments. The boukeh does complete sense. Forgive me for being so dense - what does this mean? Yes, the past few days it has been kind of chilly - especially Monday with the northerly breeze. I went you for a bike ride toward the mountains of Tuesday and it was still chilly but warming as the morning wore on. On my ride I spotted a coyote where Belmont crosses or parallels the Kings River. No camera with me - I guess I should keep my PnS in my pannier when I go riding.

Thank you for sharing.

John
Old 03-15-2009, 12:27 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To pboehringer: Spring Lupine

OK, I might have been a little bit short on my statement without elaborating the "boukeh does complete sense". Boukehs are better achieved with either a big focal length or a wide open aperture allowing that only the main subjetct is sharp and all the rest gets blurred. In your case you used both. A focal lenght of 200mm and an aperture of f/2.8. Both allowed you this nice blurred vision of the background.
I did yesterday some walking with my wife in the Wonder Valley. Do you know it already? Driving down to Kings Canyon you will have to turn left direction Avocado Lake and after about 5-7 miles turn to your right to get into a beautiful valley. The flowers were simply magnificent ...
Sorry for not coming back to your offer of getting together. I am extremely busy right now - working every single day for the last 2 weeks. The same is true for the next week ahead. After that things will get a little less intense.