LANGUAGE QUESTION TO ADMIN - Page 3 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-23-2009, 09:48 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: LANGUAGE QUESTION TO ADMIN

Certes didi tu as raison, mais comme dirait certains, j'ai ici couvert au moins 99.5% de la population du MONDE (avec l'accent de Coluche). J'ai même mise le chinois simplifié et le chinois traditionnel.

A mon avis le plus dur est maintenant de retrouver quelle langue est laquelle!

Bonne soirée à tous
JMarc
Old 11-23-2009, 09:50 PM
TE Junior Member

En me relisant je vois que c'est plein de fautes. HORREUR. Croyez moi ce n'est pas fait exprès dans le seul but de tromper les traducteurs ..........
JMarc
Old 11-25-2009, 04:34 AM
TE Expert

Hi Jeanmarc

Did I lose anything? Didn't I understand anything?
I was agreed with all you have said here. I didn't agree with the idea of exclude some language.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:13 PM
TE Expert

Banning languages because some computer site can't translate it
...you're just kidding, right?

Benny
Old 11-25-2009, 01:20 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Turks and Poles

Et luxembourgeois!!! Google translator ne supporte pas la langue lxembourgeoise!!! Est-ce que je peux rester sur le site si je promet de ne plus l'utiliser dans mes titres???
And Luxemburghers!!! Google translator does not support luxemburgish. Do you allow me to stay on this site f I promise not to use it any longer in the titles of my postings???

Äddi !
John
Old 11-25-2009, 06:07 PM
TE Junior Member

Eh, you can stay around, John. C'est tout bon.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:42 PM
TE Junior Member

Hello maria (samiesa)

To my post
"Bonjour
Oui chacun doit pouvoir s'exprimer dans sa langue. Les traducteurs en ligne ne sont pas miraculeux mais peuvent aider. Il ne faut pas hésiter à commenter dans sa langue une photo postée avec un commentaire dans la langue maternelle de l'auteur. Parfois on a la bonne surprise de pouvoir ainsi démarrer des échanges intéressants et inattendus.
Vive la liberté, vive la diversité, halte à la pensée unique."

With google translator:

Hello
Yes everyone should speak their language. The online translators are not miraculous, but may help. Do not hesitate to comment in his mother language a photo posted with a comment in the mother language of the author. Sometimes it was a pleasant surprise to be able to start interesting and unexpected idea exchanges.
Long life to freedom, long life to diversity, halt to the "unique thought".

You just answer:
"It was the worst idea that I have seen here."

Not very kind isn't it?.

This is why I did try to thank you in a lot of different language.

Of course I don't want to forbid people to express in any language. I think that expecting all people talking english is stupid (nezither to have them all speaking frennch :)!). Let people express in whatever language they want or can and use translator to try to understand by yourself or with help of translators. If the author is not familiar with english and reader too : you may have bigger misunderstanding that the one you can encounter by translating with tool from the mother language of author in your own language.

Does this make sense for you?.

Anyway : best regards

JMarc
Old 11-26-2009, 06:57 AM
TE Expert

Mais non, elle répondait à l'idée saugrenue et fascisante de Pablo...
Old 11-26-2009, 08:28 AM
TE Junior Member

JeanMarc, if you switch to "threaded view" in the top left corner, you will see that her respond was not to you but to the original idea of Pablo to forbid all the languages not covered by Google...

But I like that you included even the Russian variant :))) There is one mistake though in the translation, you write "Большое спасибо Марии (siamesa) за его открытость", this means "Big thanks to Maria for his openness", so the right variant should be "Большое спасибо Марии (siamesa) за ее открытость"...

I guess you used Google, so you see, there is a mistake even in such a simple phrase like this. And of course, the program cannot tell the gender from the name Maria, so if the translation is from a gernderless language like English, there is a 50% probability of a mistake :)

So this is just another example, and this illustrates what I mean when I say that online translators aren't very much helpful... Google is better than babelfish but still sometimes you really struggle to understand the meaning of the translated text...
Old 11-26-2009, 11:14 AM
TE Expert

Hi JMar
I DIDN'T WRITE THIS SENTENCE "It was the worst idea that I have seen here" about your comment. I answered to the idea of PabloMinto, NEVER about your comments that I think that are correct. It was just after your comment, but IT WASN'T TO YOU.
I think that you made a little mistake. Unfortunatelly the opinions appear in FORUM one after other, or always under the last comment. I NEVER could imagine that you would think that it was a opinion about your comment here.
I don't have the habit to offend other people. I have seen here some opinions a little rudes about the idea of PabloMinto , and I don't do this.
In my opinion the friend Pablo Minto mustn't be crucified, it was just a bad idea.

After this, I will avoid to make some comments here.
Anyway, thanks for your comments about me: in my own language: Mente Aberta. Except the irony you are correct. I have , thanks God, a "mente aberta" for all things that are healthies.
Excuse me my bad English.