To bstreeck: A strange cuppa - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement bstreeck 2007-02-07 2:23

Honestly... I've been regularly checking out your new posts and can say I feel you have a great eye for the hidden parts of town when traveling, for the sad, desperate, lonely surroundings that one sees so often but, at least for my part, am never able to capture on film (sensor).

But this... oh well, I guess this one isn't my kind of thing.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:48 AM
TE Expert

Default To bstreeck: A strange cuppa

Well, you know, sometimes I get to sip some strange cuppa tea. I was alerted by a comment on my previous post by someone from India, who pointed out the 'mundane' nature of the scene to an Indian eye (though he complimented on the execution). As a result I posted this somewhat 'mundane' scene to a western eye (though with a bit of funky execution). Well, as I said, I sometimes sip strange cups of tea, usually 'ohne zucker' but sometimes with it. ;-)
Thanks for your comment.
A
Old 02-07-2007, 12:14 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To bstreeck: A strange cuppa

You know, one's every day life is another's travel destination, mundane for some, fascinating for another. Don't let yourself be thrown off by a native opinion, as let's be honest, not many of us can portrait our own surroundings very well. We lack the eye for what could be fascinating for others, who do not see these things every day. But what I find special about your photography is, that with simple means you show just how "mundane" other parts of the world can be, and that is fascinating. (I always end up looking for spectacularly awesome pictures of great scenery or happy people, and the best they ever turn out is... mundane.)

Keep it up!
Ben