To Just-A-Guy: Too centered - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good Just-A-Guy 2007-02-26 9:12

Hi Benjamin,

I'm afraid this photograph which has a lot of potential is somewhat wasted because of excessive light (as you mentioned yourself in your note and as I guessed myself based on the lack of shadows). This makes the colors of the sand and sky too harsh. In addition I don't like the pinnacle in the foreground- I think it is too close and is "shoved" at my face- it would have been better to place it further away from the camera. Other than that, the picture quality is excellent, I like the fact that it is very sharp, and of course the location itself is stunning.
I can see from your intro that you and I are expecting for similar things from TE< and that's why I will critique more of your work.
Cheers,
Guy

Old 02-26-2007, 07:14 PM
TE Newbie

Default To Just-A-Guy: Too centered

"Besides the light and the composition the picture is excellent" LOL! I wonder what else makes up a good image... :-)

You are so right, what I was trying to do didn't work out. The pinnacle in front may have been better off center and only partially in the picture. But since the motiv is about 12000km away, it will take a while until I get a second chance... but when I do, I'll think of you and your critique and give my best.

Thanks,
Ben