What happens to all the pictures you take? - Page 2 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-22-2007, 09:45 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: What happens to all the pictures you take?

I think it is nice to have hard copies, old fashioned or not. I have started one of pictures of my first grandson and I would like to put an album together at some point of the pictures I take that I particularly like.
Bev
Old 05-23-2007, 07:36 AM
TE Expert

In the past, I would project them. Sometimes for an audience, but also just for myself. I would mostly shoot slides and had two projectors fixed in my house. I would just have them going in my house as a kind of moving painting with a timer. Every now and then I'd change the slides in the projectors for others.
I hope to do this in the future again when digital projectors get small enough, and cheap enough!!, to hang them around my home.

I save most of my work. I scanned all of my old slides and negatives. I save them on a 500 GB external HD at home. Next to that, the most important shots are backupped on DVD. When on the move - and I'm mostly on the move - I use my laptop (160GB) and backup another external HD of 160 GB. Afraid for theft of it all, I every now and then make a DVD backup and mail it back home.

Basically, I delete most pictures immediately after shooting them! I also become more and more careful when shooting. On 2 weeks of holidays in the Philippines, I shot less than 250 pictures. I think that's not bad in the digital era. Of those 250, I will skip 50 immediately and another 50-100 later on. Everything that survives this cleaning will stay with me for the rest of my life ;-). Deleting them would basically mean that I'm destroying my portfolio, my path of growth.

I do more and more texture shots as well. Just a piece of tile, wood etc. They can be handy for all kinds of artistic expressions, backgrounds, web designs etc.

Well, that's what I do ;-).

Greetings, Dennis
Old 05-23-2007, 06:33 PM
TE Expert

I upload them into TE and TL
I upload them into a couple more Portuguese communities
I upload them into Pbase

And then ... i pick them up and i make money out of them in the stock industry.

Photos in CD's or hardrives are just gathering dust ... i make money :D
Old 05-23-2007, 09:03 PM
TE Expert

I share them to the world
and
support a poor family of Madurai with it.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:05 AM
TE Expert

I have just read your profile notes and respect your philosophy and work. Your pictures are about the human spirit and so they engage the emotions. What better reason for taking pictures? You say you share them with the world and that is the answer to the question I asked. My question is about how we share our pictures. There have been some interesting responses and this the most uplifting. But in order to support your family in Madurai, you must have an avenue to sell your pictures. Perhaps others may be interested in knowing what this is.
regards
bev
Old 05-24-2007, 01:09 AM
TE Expert

Moving pictures in your home...what a wonderfully creative way to enjoy your pictures. I can imagine relaxing with the telly off, a picture slide show on and a nice glass of wine. perfect!
Old 05-24-2007, 03:03 AM
TE Expert

Pity I can't help others on this level, I have no special avenue, only an archive and some on sites you mentionned besides here ... sharing is different from trading ... anyhow showing is enough.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:47 PM
TE Newbie

Hi Bev,

A lot of my photos are from my travels and so the better ones end up on web sites accompanying the travel stories. That's a good way to share them with friends and strangers. Anyway they have more chance of being seen there than on my computer.

Nichola