Unacceptable service by NIKON - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-12-2007, 06:32 PM
TE Expert

Default Unacceptable service by NIKON

I would like to know if I have a local problem or if it is general for NIKON.

To have my CCD chip cleaned I sent my NIKON D70 for service at May 29th. Still after 5 weeks absolute nothing have been done by NIKON or their representative in Norway.

If anyone can fill in with info of their experience with NIKON service I'll be much obliged as I now want to put some pressure on NIKON NORDIC (especially if this is not a local incidence)..
Old 07-12-2007, 06:36 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Unacceptable service by NIKON

Sorry to hear this .. I sent mine to Nikon UK and it was returned within 5 days ..
Old 07-12-2007, 07:32 PM
TE Junior Member

Jack, that's terrible - and Nikon must realise that people won't put up with it.

I presume it's a local issue as I sent my D200 for a clean out a few months back and it was back in a week and done at a very nominal cost.

Keep the pressure on - ring daily and send back-up e-mails. This is the age of customer service and, as a fellow Nikonian, the improvements you generate for yourself will help to improve the service for us all.

Best wishes,

Paul.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:39 PM
TE Junior Member

I've had ok luck with Nikon in the US, but the only thing I sent in for was the recall due to the software in the D70. It freaked out and cut out the display and wouldn't auto-focus after I had it a couple of years. They fixed it for free and had it back in a little under 2 weeks.

I've never sent it or my D200 in for cleaning the CCD though. I just do that myself with cleaning kits I've ordered online.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:13 AM
TE Expert

Default Solution

Jack , i have a solution...
buy a Canon....:-D
may the Force be with you....
Old 07-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Banned

Default Re: Solution

Jack got part of the solution... bought an Oly already !
Old 07-13-2007, 10:29 AM
TE Senior Member

I went to the Nikon shop (Bd Beaurmarchais, Paris) to get my D200 chip cleaned.
I had only to wait a bit with the crowd there (15 mn), they cleaned my D200 within 5 minutes, free of charge (and my D200 warranty already expired). Very professionnal.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:32 AM
TE Expert

Default Maybe we have some consumer power(?)

After insertion to the forum, a fax to NIKON NORDIC and e-mails to the Norwegian photo chain (head office and outlet) it was interesting just 5 minutes ago recieving a telephone from the outlet that recieved the camera that NOW everything was OK - camera fixed and ready for pick up.

Thank's to those who followed up with own experiences which at least confirmed that this bad service probably is a local problem.

Anyway: I got so frustrated in the process over 5 weeks that after being a faithful NIKON customer in more than 25 years (and already with bookings done to participate in the Romanian TE meeting last weekend) I now have my new Olympus E-410 in place - (and probably have a used D70 for sale one those days..)
Old 07-13-2007, 12:04 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Maybe we have some consumer power(?)

So glad you got it sorted Jack ... "power to the people"
Have a good weekend

Michael
Old 07-17-2007, 01:26 PM
TE Expert

Default How NIKON will become a market leader...

Intersting to experience when in the shop to pick up the camera, putting in the battery and a card, trying to take a shot and all you get is ERR..

It seems that they forgot to take a test photo at the repair shop. According to the outlet they have again to return it to NIKON NORDIC for a new 5-6 weeks cyclus sending the camera via the former Norwegian importer InterFoto and then to the repair shop in Lithuania for another check.

The Norwegian branch of NIKON NORDIC was established in Oct. 2006. If this is the way they will fullfill their strategy of become market leader it's sure a strange way to operate..