To emka: touristy - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great emka 2020-03-31 1:25

Hello Gert, Nice postcard, a quite classical view with the monument, Narikala fortress and a few churches. You criticize many places that I have shown that they are very touristy. In my last year trips Tbilisi was the most touristy. When I came from Baku for just one day in Tbilisi, I wanted to see the well-known places, like this Old Town area, Old Baths, and so on. I checked the big pipes, the bridges, but it was simply unbearable. A constant flow of people, mainly German, on every street, even side ones. After one or two hours I went away as quickly as possible. Liberty Square and the area near Parliament were also crowded, but it was a bit better. Finally, I went to Mtatsminda and there I was in a nice place.

After compulsory quarantine but nothing has changed. We have to stay home.

Best regards MAlgo

Old 03-31-2020, 11:17 AM
TE Expert

Default To emka: touristy

Thank you Malgo,
Tbilisi wasn't so bad in 2012, but I could feel that it was changing. I even posted a photo which I called "An increasingly trendy city". In the note I mentioned this, among other things: 'Provided that stability prevails Tbilisi will in the near future no doubt become a "hot spot" for tourists looking for trendy new places to visit after Barcelona, Berlin, Prague etc.'
Unfortunately I guess I was right. Your comments make me think of my experience of the Old town of Kraków: "it was simply unbearable. A constant flow of people, mainly German, on every street, even side ones. After one or two hours I went away as quickly as possible."
You couldn't understand how I could dislike old Kraków. Maybe now you will.
Warm regards,
Gert