To robertosalguero: Re Mendenhall Glacier - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-31-2008, 05:06 AM
TE Newbie

Default To robertosalguero: Re Mendenhall Glacier

Hello Roberto!

Thanks for the feedback! You're right, I do have a love of mountains, and would very much like to live closer to them - do you have a spare bedroom at your place??? As you may know, my partner Colleen and I have family living in Calgary (son Jason runs 'Down Under Travel' there, in Kensington), so we try and make it over every 2nd year: hopefully, May/Jun '09 is on the cards. Next time I'm in town, is it OK to contact you - I'm very keen to spend a lot of time around 'K' country, and a much lengthier trip up the Icefields Parkway, next time as far as Jasper/Mt Robson/Maligne Lake, and I know you have very good 'inside knowledge' of all things Albertan.
Conversely, mate: if you ever head down to my part of the world, I'd be delighted to give you the 'royal treatment' anytime!

Best wishes,
Jeff
Old 08-01-2008, 07:18 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To robertosalguero: Re Mendenhall Glacier

Hi Jeff,

Yes you can contact me next time you are in Calgary, and if you need help finding hikes unknown to most tourists then I will show you on the map as well :-)

My wife and I visited Mt Robson a few years ago. I was very impressed with its huge size, just over 3000 vertical mts from the valley bottom. I had plans to climb it but since the birth of my daughter two years ago, I had to postpone so many plans. Cheers mate :-)

Roberto