Wrong photos??? - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-02-2007, 03:17 PM
TE Newbie

Default Wrong photos???

Hi
I am probably wrong but this site is about discovering the various countries through photos or is it just about photography? I keep seing more and more "art" photos that have nothing to do with the place people ar at. I have many art photos but i do not post them as they belong to other sites like fotki or flickr etc.

Am I wrong in thinking this?

Joao
Old 03-02-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Wrong photos???

Hi Joao and welcome to Trekearth.

It's very pleasing to see that you have read the information regarding what this site is supposed to be all about. If you look back through this forum you will see many other topics on the same general subject.
There are a great number of photographs posted here which many members believe don't fit within the guidelines. Indeed the 2 'sister sites' TrekLens and TrekNature were developed precisely because of that. Regrettably, many people either because they haven't read the rules or think the rules are stupid and therefore only apply to other people, continue to post whatever they want.
If you believe that a picture breaks the rules of the site I would encourage you to use the Report Problem link which you will find on the left hand side after clicking a thumbnail. The problem will continue to grow unless more people are prepared to raise their concerns with the site administrators and moderators. All you are doing by clicking the link is raising the question with the mods. The final decision is theirs.
With reference to your own photos which you consider 'art photos', post them onto TrekLens.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:05 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Wrong photos???

Keith is right... and for what it is worth, a report is annomynous. If you are wrong you'll get a polite reply stating why the photo is permitted. Don't be afraid to excecise your judgement.