To akm: Not luck but disarming smiles! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great akm 2010-03-12 14:14

Yes, Kev, I think you were lucky. Even when there are no demonstrations, the police can be unreasonable about photography. I got into trouble in Lisbon for trying to photograph a woman police officer on a perfectly peaceful day and missed what would have been a cute shot). I had my film confiscated in Safi for photographing a part of the fishing harbor that the police said was off limits! I never even tried in Turkey. Anyway, you got a telling shot and I thank you for a thoughtful note. I'm still a Brit and what you describe is dismaying.
Best regards,
Mary

Old 03-14-2010, 12:49 AM
TE Expert

Default To akm: Not luck but disarming smiles!

Many people see me as a professional photojournalist - I have been allowed inside police lines a few times for instance - I am not a crad carrying journo though - in this case I was not so lucky or brave - I walked straight up to their officer who is off to the left of the image and said "I would like to photograph these guys" - OK he said - I am cheeky though - I only asked him after I had already taken one (which included him) and got the stare from the some of them - but that was my way of brazening it out!

I have a big warm smile!

bw Kev
Old 03-14-2010, 04:41 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Not luck

Thanks Kev! A smile can be very powerful. Mary