Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-01-2004, 11:28 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Guy le Querrec and raghu Rai

Those two photographers are also in my favorites...
<a
href="http://www.magnumphotos.com/cf/htm/TreePf_MAG.aspx?Stat=Photographers_Portfolio&E=29Y L53UWE35" target="_blank">Guy Le Querrec</a>

Raghu Rai
Old 12-01-2004, 11:44 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Guy le Querrec and raghu Rai

oh yeah
raghu rai... also one of my favourites.
i met him last january and he gave me his home number and told me to give him a call. i was too big a chicken and haven't called him up till now. maybe when i have some really good photographs i'll goto him. dont wanna feel stupid showing him what i have right now.
i always liked his work, but i was in an awe when he spoke at a small conference on the "bhopal gas tragedy" he's not the most fluent speaker, but there's a lot of passion and feeling in his words not only about photography , but also about life. i think it's the way he feels that makes him take the photographs that he takes.

haha, when i was taking maciej around delhi, on his last day here.. i took him past the colony where raghu rai lived. it made me feel really proud pointing out the colony to maciej, but at the same time it made me feel like a stalker haha
take care
Old 01-28-2005, 11:54 PM
TE Junior Member

Default raghu Rai's stalker

Hey, I just saw this. Sohrab, you silly person! You could really learn so much from him if you let him see your pictures! And I think your Benares pics are good enough...

How many people have a chance such as that? You better take it! For the good of all of us, at TE (OK, maybe that's exaggerating juuust a bit...)

Who me, bossy? ;)
Old 01-30-2005, 09:06 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: raghu Rai's stalker

haha
no no i've just started photography 3 years back. if i have to approach any photographer i have to have some realllly good work. don't want the person to feel " here comes another one ...."
take care