Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 09:05 PM
TE Newbie

Default To akm: Your Comments

Mary,

Thank you for the notes, one thing about this image is that it was taken out of a bus window zipping by at around 70-80 kph and when I take these type of images I usually leave the blurred foreground in unless it is possible to crop it out and in this image I decided to leave the image as is.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:08 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To akm: Your Comments

Hi Jeff,
I guessed this was taken from a bus. I hope you got a chance to see places like this on the ground or to drive yourself. However, one always sees important things when on the move. Many of my photos have been taken that way. If you use a high enough speed you can eliminate the blur.
By the way, I did not suggest cropping all of the blur -- just the lowest section of the grass in the FG. I have done a quick selective sharpening and a minor crop and posted the result as a WS,
Mary
Old 01-16-2010, 04:23 AM
TE Junior Member

I'm not sure that the administrators will allow me to post the WS. I'll let you know if they do.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:59 PM
TE Newbie

Hi Mary.

My account is setup for no workshop. Also, I decided to let the image stand with little cleanup, it is not one of those "post card" images where I would invest the time to sharpen or manipulate to make it look prettier. Since I was using a polarizing filter increasing the shutter speed is a bit tricky without overcompensating with the ISO settings and it is one of those areas where sometimes you have a trade off, either blurred foreground or possible noise in the image. Since this was more about the poverty and relating that I decided to not get tricky but just get the shot while bouncing around on the road at a rather fast speed considering where I was.

I do appreciate your comments, especially concerning what in my opinion is the "true" nature of TE and its mission statement and it seems that many of its members have lost sight of this which, again, in my opinion should be posting images that teach and writing critiques that are instructive to its members.

I do not have time to write critiques since I am on the road so much of the time. I also do not write critiques because I feel that many members might not like reading my take on photography or this platform. As for critiques I receive, it bothers me not if someone bashes my brains for an image I post. As you may have seen, I don't post a lot, many of the ones posted are not there to impress but to show a different perspective if possible.

I am not a "gee whiz" photographer and do not want to be one, it seems to go to some peoples head.

Jeff