Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2015-06-18 9:38

Hello Ann,

Oh, you little stalker, you! My first thought when I first saw this picture was that you'd caught Camilla Parker-Bowles with a strange man in London. :)

I don't think that's who I first thought it was, but you've captured this colourfully dressed couple perfectly here and the selective desaturation of the background has done much to emphasise their rather bizarre dress of almost entirely purple. This, I think, could also be a fine image to enter for a photographic competition though you'd have to "trim" your selection just a little - on a closer look I see that the "McEwan's" sign on the left and some clothing hanging just to the left of the man's head have not been desaturated.

A good strong composition with fine vibrant colours, spot-on exposure and excellent details and sharpness. A brilliant candid à la sauvette" capture!

Excellent!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 06-18-2015, 05:48 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To tyro: desaturation

Thanks John,
You are correct about the lack of complete desaturation and that is because I used LR and it so quick. You just move the colour sliders to the left leaving just the colour that you want. Takes seconds and gives a quick effect but not for the purists! I thought the crop was a bit tight but the original had a man walking into the frame from the right with rather a large tum! He was distracting.
Best wishes, Ann
Old 06-18-2015, 07:41 PM
TE Expert

Default Crop looks just fine to me........

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your reply!

Ah, ha, how clever of you to use that feature of Lightroom. I do have Lightroom on my newly built computer and I really must try to spend some time getting to grips with it. Sounds like it has some very interesting and very useful features.

But actually I think your crop is just fine - nothing at all wrong with cropping tightly and making the subject(s) fill the frame in my opinion. And a man with a big fat tum, eh? I can honestly swear that I've never been in Brick Lane in London in my life.

Best Wishes,

John.