Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2015-05-01 7:50

Hello Ann,

This looks like wonderful walking country. And it looks as though it probably wasn't too warm for walking either.

Taken, I presume, from your walking path, this is a beautifully composed photograph with delightful soft light and wonderfully true though rich colours. The variety of different shades and tones of greens is fabulous - even the river has a wonderful green tone to it. The little stone building with its rough slated roof (perhaps a small barn or even a water mill?) and its small fence are perfectly placed in the frame to give the whole image a wonderfully balanced composition. And the details and sharpness, as always, are exquisite.

Beautiful!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. Maybe I'm a bit confused but, always the sleuth, I thought I'd have a quick look at Google maps. Is it really 370 Km from Omis to Podgrade? - and did you walk all that, albeit in stages? You're a tough nut.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:41 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To tyro: shorter walk

Hi John,
No - that is another place with the same or similar name. The village is so small that it hardly gets a mention on Wikipedia.
Thanks for taking the time to comment on the photo. I took very few pictures as the walks were usually 8-10 miles and I didn't carry a camera. However, this walk was in two halves with the bus taking us to another place down the road so I could leave my camera for the second half. Twenty-three of us had a wonderful local dish called Peka (meat and potatoes) in a rustic restaurant in Gata. We were the only ones there sitting at long wooden tables, and there was a lot of wine! Fortunately there was no more walking after lunch. My clothes still smell of the log fire on which they cooked the Peka.
Best wishes, Ann