Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-25-2009, 06:06 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Need some glasses..

Hi Keith
Could become a problem being to technically. We have the same screen rsolution 1680x1050. You have a 22" screen while I have a 17" screen. Of course we by such things experience the world a little different.

There is all reason to believe that a change of script size is done in some few layout sheets - so what's the problem other than this stubborness with admin. I.E writing this note is in a good 10 points size not that minor 10px you have for reading.

This is one of the small things that takes motivation away for some of us - the ignorance of users...

(if any errors, sorry - looking at the prewiew text is nearly impossible after writing in this "giant" 10 point text size - they can't even be consistent those admin guys...)
Old 05-25-2009, 06:41 PM
TE Expert

..just a small detail:

I am aware that I can zoom my screen (i.e. with CTRL+)which is what I do right now to 150%.

But you know the tiny 800px photo size in TE results in a blurred stew of colours where sharpness is well hidden - and I think it is incredible that the result of keeping the 10px script size should destroy the pleasure of seeing our photos or be forced to keep pressing CTRL+ and/or CTRL- all the time depending on you try to read text or looking at photos..

(nothing new just another simple argument aimed at our admin..)
Old 05-25-2009, 08:49 PM
TE Expert

Hi George,
I am just a recent TE member, but let me express my humble opinion. I may not participate in all the forum threads but I watch closely what's going on (when I am free from work ).
IMHO, what you've said in this thread is one of your best (if not the best? sorry!) speeches I have read! Bravo!
I appreciate it both as a teacher and as a psychologist!
You managed to express the very ESSENCE of the problem!
Let's see, then, if something will change for the better.
Regards,
E.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:04 PM
TE Expert

Thanks, Elena...
My incredibly handsome face is blushing right now - contently…
………………………………………………

" Let's hope for the better… "

Hmmm ?
If they will increase the size of the fonts ( the only serious remaining problem with the new site ) - my incredibly handsome face would become the dumbest face of a moron, you've ever seen…

With my jaw dropped to my waist and the saliva dripping from my mouth…

YET, SMILING !!!!!!!!!!

Naaah… They won't do that…

…………………………………………………
Old 05-26-2009, 03:28 AM
TE Expert

I need and I wear glasses ;-) They're varifocal and I'm experiencing some difficulties to have the text exactly focused by the critical point of my lenses. It demands an extra effort for my old neck ;-)
That being said, I have to thank you a lot for reminding me about the CTRL+. Ahhhhhh... quelle merveille!!!
I would add something that could be of help: as a Firefox user, I have an option to zoom everything on the screen or only the text (VIEW, ZOOM, ZOOM ONLY TEXT).
Thanks,
Docarmo
Old 05-26-2009, 03:45 AM
TE Expert

If you are using FireFox, there is an option to Zoom Text Only (text will change size but photos will remain unchanged). I agree it's not the best solution as it can incur layout problems on some pages.... but until a more permanent solution is found, it's better than nothing!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:25 AM
TE Expert

Bibi...
The solution doesn't have to be found...
The solution is there... Bright and smiling and beautiful and oh, so easy and ready...

CHANGE THE FONT SIZE, FOR GOD SAKE !!!

CHANGE THE SIZE OF THEM !!!

Will they change it...?
Naaaah... They are busy searching for a solution to this problem ...

Old 05-29-2009, 08:55 PM
TE Junior Member

"They" simply do not understand the essence of the site, and why the font size, the notes, the photo discussions are so important...

"They" believe it's a photo contest, so they are busy with "most viewed photos", "popular members", etc.