Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-27-2009, 02:41 PM
TE Expert

Default Please Admin, PLEASE

I am learning to live with the new site, I still don't understand why things got more rather than less awkward to do. In the old site it was easy to critique and reply to those that wrote to you. Please give us back the button that takes us back to our own page and PLEASE give us back the button to reply to a critique or comment without having to open the photo PLEASE...

Greg
Old 05-27-2009, 03:53 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Please Admin, PLEASE

Hi Greg -

I have sent your request on to the development team. We will add the change to the update list. Thanks for the feedback!

Brent
Old 05-27-2009, 04:07 PM
TE Expert

Awesome, thanks so much

Greg
Old 05-27-2009, 05:49 PM
TE Expert

Default Please Admin, PLEASE....

Hi Brent
So good to see admin at work. I am not sure of your selection process for what to answer or what to ignore in the forum. But as this tiny font size is a problem for some of us could you be kind enough to give a statement about the chance for a change or at least confirm that it is included in the "update list".
Thank's ;-)

Jack
Old 05-27-2009, 05:55 PM
TE Senior Member

Greg,

If you click at "Account" at the top of any page (not the dropdown list that opens) you're taken - at least I am - back to your own page.

Kaj
Old 05-27-2009, 06:27 PM
TE Expert

Kaj, thanks that is helpful but I am used to (and I understand it is not a necessity) being able to go back to my critiques. I am able to navigate the new site but it is aggravating to me that it has to take three or 4 clicks to get where one took us in the original site. Thanks for your help.

Greg
Old 05-27-2009, 06:41 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Please Admin, PLEASE....

Hi Jack -

Font size is tricky because everyone experiences it differently based upon the size of their screen and their resolution setting. I have asked that the developers look at creating a configurable setting that will allow a user to increase the default font size.

I can't promise this one but they will look at creating it.

Brent
Old 05-27-2009, 07:03 PM
TE Expert

hi Brent

Change font color to the old black from the grey now, it will help. This has been mentioned many times elsewhere in the forum but so far not responded by the development team. Thanks. bill
Old 05-27-2009, 08:34 PM
TE Expert

Thank's for your reply Brent.

Sad thing that the wise recommendation from the guys behind "World Wide Web Consortium", who recommends the below with regard to the font size at web pages, was not considered during the construction of a new lay-out:

"Font Size: respect the users' preferences, avoid small size for content.
As a base font size for a document, 1em (or 100%) is equivalent to setting the font size to the user's preference. Use this as a basis for your font sizes, and avoid setting a smaller base font size
Avoid sizes in em smaller than 1em for text body, except maybe for copyright statements or other kinds of "fine print."

Screens with office standard =>22" is of course fancy for layout and pro office use, but probably far away for many private users with 15 or 17" screens.

Jack
Old 05-27-2009, 09:06 PM

'Scuse my ignorance of the technical bits - what is 1em? 100% of what? How does it relate to actual text size on screen?