Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great batalay 2017-01-19 20:59

Hello May,

There is an unusual and appealing coloration, perhaps because of fluorescent lights. I like the atmosphere very much in this "Canard and Champagne." It's interesting that the covered arcades are disappearing in Paris. There are a few in Istanbul inspired by those old covered arcades. In the United States we are bracing for the Inauguration tomorrow wondering whether common sense will ever return... here and in the rest of the world).
Warm regards.
Bulent

Old 01-21-2017, 03:24 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To batalay: Hi

Hi Bulent,

Thanks for your comments. Yes, the atmosphere in these hidden passages are quite nice, as if transforming us back in time. I like the Gallerie Vivienne a lot too, as it is very elegant. If I have more time in Paris, I would like to have coffee leisurely in these cafes, or canard with champagne...

Watched part of the inauguration ceremony - I must say I have never seen any President being made the subject of ridicule as much as this ?

Keep sane...

Cheers,
May