Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 01-26-2005, 04:52 PM
TE Expert

Default trip to botswana

hi my te fellow-photographers; i have just started thinking about a trip tp botswana in october this year; has anybody visited the place? any ideas, tips, hints?
Old 01-26-2005, 10:44 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: trip to botswana

For me two highlights you shouldn't miss are Chobe NP and the Okavango Delta. Because October is the end of the dry season the chance of spotting big game is probably as good as it gets. I have some photos of Botswana in my trekearth gallery that you can check out (plus about a million more in albums collecting dust) - and if you want to ask me a specific question, feel free to write me an email.

Brendan
Old 07-01-2005, 07:34 AM
TE Newbie

Hi,
I've never been to Botswana, but I know I'd like to go. :)
I'd just like to suggest that you read the book series "The Number One Ladies Detective Agency" by Alexander McCall Smith. It takes place in Botswana and gives such a great literary portrait of the country. They are very good books (and very popular too! I work in a bookstore and they are always selling out!).
Laura
Old 03-22-2006, 05:22 AM
TE Newbie

Hi Jerzy,

My wife and I went to Botswana a few years ago on a safari organized by a company called Drifters. They operate out of South Africa and are a wonderful tour operator. Their Web site is www.drifters.com. The trips are very cheap but the vehicles are basic SA army vehicles that have been converted for civilian use. On our trip we pitched our own tents, made our meals as a group and helped to clean up. We were the only Americans on the trip. The rest were Europeans in their 20's and 30's. We were over 50.

We had lots of time to see animals and if something interesting came up we might change our route to see that sight or animal.

The owners of Drifters are also some of the guides and are extremely knowledgeable.

This trip is not for someone who wants or needs maid service or breakfast in bed. But you will be right next to the animals. For more of my photographs go to my web site at www.arniebeckerphotography.com.

Take care and have a great trip.

Arnie
Old 04-23-2006, 04:01 PM
TE Newbie

Hi Jerzy
I noted your enquiry about Botswana. I know its been a while since you posted the message so will first check if you are still looking into this or if you have made final plans already. I used to live in South Africa and Namibia (both neighbours to Botswana) and then ran an inbound tour operating business. I now do the same but outbound from Australia to Africa. I know Botswana very well and could be of service in planning and/or booking your trip for you. If you would like to work on this together just drop me an email to rob@safariholidays.biz
You will love Botswana, great for wildlife and other nature photography and also the people. I see you have been to Kenya. Bots is quite different in many ways.
Kind regards
Rob Nicholls / nixpix