Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great danbachmann 2006-09-30 8:30

You have an honest portrait here - it is simple and straight on and that is what gives it a classic feel. I plan to visit Istanbul in the coming winter. What month did you take this picture?

I love the composition - subject in black in the foreground with a strong red supporting background.

Old 10-20-2006, 09:11 PM
TE Newbie

Default To danbachmann: Istanbul

Thank you Dan for you comment. What a great feeling to have someone appreciate my picture, and help me see the good things in it too.

When are you going to Istanbul?? Are you going other places too?? I just loved Turkey -- so rich in history, beautiful people and very, very clean -- We were there in early March, 2002. In Istanbul it was cool and pleasant during the day and chilly at night. In Kushadesi and Ephesus it was much warmer, very pleasant.

Wishing you a great journey -- and I'll look forward to seeing your photos.

Ellie from USA
Old 10-23-2006, 12:42 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To danbachmann: Istanbul

I plan to visit in late January/early February 2007. Istanbul, Cappadocia and somewhere along the South Western coast will be the plan. At this point, all I have is the flight booked. I things work out at home and at work so I will still be able to go. I'll let you know how it works out in Feb!
Old 10-23-2006, 02:18 PM
TE Newbie

Dan -- Sounds great. I hope you'll get to go to Ephesus, too. An amazing site, best preserved ruin of an ancient Roman city -- where Mary, Luke, Paul all lived, site of the riot described in Acts 19 of the Bible. My husband and I found this place to be not only fascinating, but also very moving.

I hope you will have an awesome trip!

Blessings, Ellie
Old 02-16-2007, 07:46 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Ellie,

I am back from Turkey! I was able to see Ephesus as you suggested as well as Konya, Istanbul and Capadoccia... I loved the valleys. I hope to have some pictures from the trip uploaded soon.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:40 PM
TE Newbie

Thanks so much for letting me know about your trip, and glad you loved it. Will look for your photos. -- ellie