Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 06-11-2007, 08:41 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Most common reason...

What are the most common reasons
< in your experience or in your opinion >
for the removal of photos from TrekEARTH?

TFS, J.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:01 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Most common reason...

Hi Jay;

Frames without a doubt... according to the TE Terms of Service: Frames should be straight-edged and plain.

Secondly; common objects that do not belong on TrekEarth. Items like flowers (Especially without a note) with no relevance should be posted on TrekNature.

Most people do not read the terms of service and have no idea why their images have been removed...

Cheers,
- Dan
Old 06-11-2007, 10:42 AM
TE Junior Member

Photos of the 1)photographer´s baby, puppy, girlfriend; 2)photos of blurred dashbords, I think it´s good to remove these photos because for 1) there are loads of other sites to post photos of your near and dear ones, and for 2) a photo where you can hardly see what´s displayed is no photo IMO.

I once wrote a critique to a photo - I think it was called "Secret Window" (it didn´t look like a window at all - just some red and green points). I wrote that I think this photo wouldn´t fit the aim of this site - and the photographer replied that my critique annoyed her. (The total amount of points for this photo is still ZERO)

What I want to say, these photos should be removed, even if the person thinks he/she is a great artist.

But the worst thing are self portraits of young men, together with personal information about this person, postal address etc.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:22 PM

Contravening the TOS of the site. Mainly children, pets and closeup images of flowers. Fussy / fancy frames are almost guaranteed to get an image reported and deleted.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:24 PM

On the side issues of people complaining about not liking the comments / critiques they have received, there is one answer - Don't post images here if you don't want to receive critiques.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:20 PM
TE Senior Member

I have seen every type of 'offence' leading to removal, but I have never seen young men posting their own pictures with contact details. You mean like a dating service? Now that is amazing Gisi. Some pople must be either thick or desperate, or both.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:41 PM
TE Junior Member

Default side note

A couple of years ago I caught a guy who posted a "photo" that he had created in Terrigen (sp?), a software product that makes computer generated landscapes. It made me laugh, because he did get a few comments on the lovely scenery and colours! I suppose you did really have to look to notice that it wasn't "real". Thankfully, he was kind about it and removed it himself after I sent him a private note, and he explained to me that he was doing an "experiment". :)
Old 06-12-2007, 02:44 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: side note

Hi ya Digi-Mom

THAT would have been an ideal candidate for TrekLens...
Although it does raise the question "What is photography"...

Is the software called Terragen?
As in Terra = Earth...
Old 06-12-2007, 03:16 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Most common reason... ""But the worst thing are...""

So Gisi, how do you explain a photo like < href="http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Europe/Austria/photo592201.htm">this one</a>???

Are you bringing your value-set to these galleries with a title like: ""Indecent Proposal?"" {sic}

I'm with the other person who has yet to see a photo of "young men, together with personal information about this person, postal address etc." ...

Not that I am looking for young men, or blondes to ski with!

So long, ;j.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:56 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: side note

ya, Terragen - I never was much of a speller.