To jimmyjimmy: Hi Jimmy!!! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jimmyjimmy 2020-01-18 13:27

Hello tomek

A very nice capture of the night with all the view of the city in it's beauty. tack sharp and great lines in your composition. What kind of camera sis you use?

jimmy

Old 01-17-2020, 03:21 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To jimmyjimmy: Hi Jimmy!!!

Thanks for the kind comment to my picture. As for the "camera", hmmm, to my own surprise and, I guess to yours as well, this particular shot comes from the iPhone XR. I know, as nasty as it may sound, still the quality as for a night shot is quite good, even better from many mid-level DSLR available on the market today. I decide sometimes not to carry my Nikon D7100 +lens late evenings for the reason of personal safety and unnecessary weight.

Cheers!!!
Old 01-18-2020, 09:36 PM
TE Junior Member

Default No Worries

It's not the camera or the glass, it's the eye that found such a view. We cannot get great images unless we go out and get them. I see many a great image taken by cheap Canon rebel cameras. If the masses only knew the final result is what matters when it came from the heart in the first place. Don't get me wrong... the pro stuff can give you an edge when it comes to faster focus, larger sensors, and so on. But the eye that finds the prize is what matters. Your phone gave a great result. Nice